DSU chooses Barnes & Noble for bookstore operator
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 17,2012
CLEVELAND — Barnes and Noble College Booksellers will be the new operator of the Delta State University campus bookstore.
Delta State University president Dr. John M. Hilpert said, “Barnes & Noble brings brand excellence, a history of technology innovation, and a commitment to customer service to Delta State.”
Barnes & Noble will take over the Delta State bookstore operations March 1, pending College Board approval of the contract in February.
Delta State officials issued a request for proposals last November and a committee representing faculty, staff, and students reviewed responses before selecting Barnes and Noble as the new bookstore operator.
Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, operates 635 college bookstores serving over 4.6 million students and faculty members at colleges and universities across the United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Events and Nominations