DSU chooses Barnes & Noble for bookstore operator
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 17,2012
CLEVELAND — Barnes and Noble College Booksellers will be the new operator of the Delta State University campus bookstore.
Delta State University president Dr. John M. Hilpert said, “Barnes & Noble brings brand excellence, a history of technology innovation, and a commitment to customer service to Delta State.”
Barnes & Noble will take over the Delta State bookstore operations March 1, pending College Board approval of the contract in February.
Delta State officials issued a request for proposals last November and a committee representing faculty, staff, and students reviewed responses before selecting Barnes and Noble as the new bookstore operator.
Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, operates 635 college bookstores serving over 4.6 million students and faculty members at colleges and universities across the United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center