DSU chooses Barnes & Noble for bookstore operator
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 17,2012
CLEVELAND — Barnes and Noble College Booksellers will be the new operator of the Delta State University campus bookstore.
Delta State University president Dr. John M. Hilpert said, “Barnes & Noble brings brand excellence, a history of technology innovation, and a commitment to customer service to Delta State.”
Barnes & Noble will take over the Delta State bookstore operations March 1, pending College Board approval of the contract in February.
Delta State officials issued a request for proposals last November and a committee representing faculty, staff, and students reviewed responses before selecting Barnes and Noble as the new bookstore operator.
Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, operates 635 college bookstores serving over 4.6 million students and faculty members at colleges and universities across the United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue