DSU chooses Barnes & Noble for bookstore operator
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 17,2012
CLEVELAND — Barnes and Noble College Booksellers will be the new operator of the Delta State University campus bookstore.
Delta State University president Dr. John M. Hilpert said, “Barnes & Noble brings brand excellence, a history of technology innovation, and a commitment to customer service to Delta State.”
Barnes & Noble will take over the Delta State bookstore operations March 1, pending College Board approval of the contract in February.
Delta State officials issued a request for proposals last November and a committee representing faculty, staff, and students reviewed responses before selecting Barnes and Noble as the new bookstore operator.
Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, operates 635 college bookstores serving over 4.6 million students and faculty members at colleges and universities across the United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor