DSU chooses Barnes & Noble for bookstore operator
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 17,2012
CLEVELAND — Barnes and Noble College Booksellers will be the new operator of the Delta State University campus bookstore.
Delta State University president Dr. John M. Hilpert said, “Barnes & Noble brings brand excellence, a history of technology innovation, and a commitment to customer service to Delta State.”
Barnes & Noble will take over the Delta State bookstore operations March 1, pending College Board approval of the contract in February.
Delta State officials issued a request for proposals last November and a committee representing faculty, staff, and students reviewed responses before selecting Barnes and Noble as the new bookstore operator.
Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, operates 635 college bookstores serving over 4.6 million students and faculty members at colleges and universities across the United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year