Holmes CC move expands workforce training options
by Associated Press
Published: January 17,2012
KOSCIUSKO — Holmes Community College is moving its Attala Education Center in Kosciusko into a larger building.
HCC president Glenn Boyce tells The Star-Herald the move means the school will be able to expand is workforce training options. The center offers GED courses and some continuing education programs.
Boyce says he hopes to move into the former Milwaukee Electric Tool Building this summer but no later than January. HCC will be the only occupant of the building.
More than $1 million has been awarded in grant funding to the project.
The Attala center is not a degree-granting campus. Boyce hopes to change that in the future as well as add a small business center to help entrepreneurs with the tools to start their businesses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects