Holmes CC move expands workforce training options
Published: January 17,2012
KOSCIUSKO — Holmes Community College is moving its Attala Education Center in Kosciusko into a larger building.
HCC president Glenn Boyce tells The Star-Herald the move means the school will be able to expand is workforce training options. The center offers GED courses and some continuing education programs.
Boyce says he hopes to move into the former Milwaukee Electric Tool Building this summer but no later than January. HCC will be the only occupant of the building.
More than $1 million has been awarded in grant funding to the project.
The Attala center is not a degree-granting campus. Boyce hopes to change that in the future as well as add a small business center to help entrepreneurs with the tools to start their businesses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist