Holmes CC move expands workforce training options
Published: January 17,2012
KOSCIUSKO — Holmes Community College is moving its Attala Education Center in Kosciusko into a larger building.
HCC president Glenn Boyce tells The Star-Herald the move means the school will be able to expand is workforce training options. The center offers GED courses and some continuing education programs.
Boyce says he hopes to move into the former Milwaukee Electric Tool Building this summer but no later than January. HCC will be the only occupant of the building.
More than $1 million has been awarded in grant funding to the project.
The Attala center is not a degree-granting campus. Boyce hopes to change that in the future as well as add a small business center to help entrepreneurs with the tools to start their businesses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- BLAKE WILSON: Danny Mitchell was a remarkable business leader, a better friend
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency