Holmes CC move expands workforce training options
by Associated Press
Published: January 17,2012
KOSCIUSKO — Holmes Community College is moving its Attala Education Center in Kosciusko into a larger building.
HCC president Glenn Boyce tells The Star-Herald the move means the school will be able to expand is workforce training options. The center offers GED courses and some continuing education programs.
Boyce says he hopes to move into the former Milwaukee Electric Tool Building this summer but no later than January. HCC will be the only occupant of the building.
More than $1 million has been awarded in grant funding to the project.
The Attala center is not a degree-granting campus. Boyce hopes to change that in the future as well as add a small business center to help entrepreneurs with the tools to start their businesses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county