BancorpSouth commences $100M public offering
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 18,2012
TUPELO — BancorpSouth Inc. has commenced an underwritten public offering of $100 million of its common stock.
The company said it intends to grant the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 15 percent of common shares sold pursuant to this transaction.
All of the shares are being offered by the Tupelo-based financial institution.
BancorpSouth said it intends to use the net proceeds of this offering for general corporate purposes, including to maintain certain capital levels and liquidity at the company, potentially provide equity capital to BancorpSouth Bank, fund growth either organically or through acquisition of other financial institutions, insurance agencies, or other businesses that are closely aligned to the operations of the company and fund investments in its subsidiaries.
Morgan Stanley & Co., LLC and Stifel, Nicolaus & Company Inc. are the joint book-running managers in the offering. Stephens Inc., Keefe, Bruyette & Woods and Sandler O’Neill + Partners, L.P. are acting as co-managers for the stock offering.
The offering will be made under the BancorpSouth’s shelf registration statement filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus