Margaritaville Casino sets May opening date
Published: January 18,2012
BILOXI — Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Casino and Restaurant is scheduled to open the week of May 20 in East Biloxi.
Karen Sock, general manager of Margaritaville, made the announcement yesterday during a meeting of the Biloxi City Council.
Sock says the resort will create 1,000 new jobs and open up the Point Cadet area of Biloxi for future development. That area of Biloxi is still mostly empty lots.
The Biloxi council has agreed to provide funds to landscape and fix the road leading to the casino.
Sock says plans call for palm trees to line the middle of the widened street with tropical plants add color.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Margaritaville Casino sets May opening date”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option