Margaritaville Casino sets May opening date
Published: January 18,2012
BILOXI — Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Casino and Restaurant is scheduled to open the week of May 20 in East Biloxi.
Karen Sock, general manager of Margaritaville, made the announcement yesterday during a meeting of the Biloxi City Council.
Sock says the resort will create 1,000 new jobs and open up the Point Cadet area of Biloxi for future development. That area of Biloxi is still mostly empty lots.
The Biloxi council has agreed to provide funds to landscape and fix the road leading to the casino.
Sock says plans call for palm trees to line the middle of the widened street with tropical plants add color.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Margaritaville Casino sets May opening date”
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink