Margaritaville Casino sets May opening date
by Associated Press
Published: January 18,2012
BILOXI — Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Casino and Restaurant is scheduled to open the week of May 20 in East Biloxi.
Karen Sock, general manager of Margaritaville, made the announcement yesterday during a meeting of the Biloxi City Council.
Sock says the resort will create 1,000 new jobs and open up the Point Cadet area of Biloxi for future development. That area of Biloxi is still mostly empty lots.
The Biloxi council has agreed to provide funds to landscape and fix the road leading to the casino.
Sock says plans call for palm trees to line the middle of the widened street with tropical plants add color.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Margaritaville Casino sets May opening date”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody