Margaritaville Casino sets May opening date
Published: January 18,2012
BILOXI — Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Casino and Restaurant is scheduled to open the week of May 20 in East Biloxi.
Karen Sock, general manager of Margaritaville, made the announcement yesterday during a meeting of the Biloxi City Council.
Sock says the resort will create 1,000 new jobs and open up the Point Cadet area of Biloxi for future development. That area of Biloxi is still mostly empty lots.
The Biloxi council has agreed to provide funds to landscape and fix the road leading to the casino.
Sock says plans call for palm trees to line the middle of the widened street with tropical plants add color.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Margaritaville Casino sets May opening date”
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Rep. Howell decides not to seek re-election to House
- LTE: With tax cuts, Gov. Bryant dismissive of least of us