Kimberly-Clark sites distribution facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 19,2012
SOUTHAVEN — Kimberly-Clark Corporation is locating a distribution facility in Southaven, which will employ more than 100 workers and represents a capital investment of approximately $2 million, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
Kimberly-Clark’s facility will be used to distribute medical devices and products, and it will be located in more than 500,000 square feet of existing space in the Southaven-Airways Distribution Center.
Joanne Bauer, president of Kimberly-Clark Health Care, said, “We look forward to having a world-class distribution facility in Southaven, which will play an integral role in helping us deliver on our commitments to our customers.”
The MDA provided Kimberly-Clark with guidance on available tax incentives, in addition to workforce training assistance in support of the project.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Kimberly-Clark maintains offices and manufacturing and distribution operations in 36 countries.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”