Kimberly-Clark sites distribution facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 19,2012
SOUTHAVEN — Kimberly-Clark Corporation is locating a distribution facility in Southaven, which will employ more than 100 workers and represents a capital investment of approximately $2 million, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
Kimberly-Clark’s facility will be used to distribute medical devices and products, and it will be located in more than 500,000 square feet of existing space in the Southaven-Airways Distribution Center.
Joanne Bauer, president of Kimberly-Clark Health Care, said, “We look forward to having a world-class distribution facility in Southaven, which will play an integral role in helping us deliver on our commitments to our customers.”
The MDA provided Kimberly-Clark with guidance on available tax incentives, in addition to workforce training assistance in support of the project.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Kimberly-Clark maintains offices and manufacturing and distribution operations in 36 countries.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41