Kimberly-Clark sites distribution facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 19,2012
SOUTHAVEN — Kimberly-Clark Corporation is locating a distribution facility in Southaven, which will employ more than 100 workers and represents a capital investment of approximately $2 million, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
Kimberly-Clark’s facility will be used to distribute medical devices and products, and it will be located in more than 500,000 square feet of existing space in the Southaven-Airways Distribution Center.
Joanne Bauer, president of Kimberly-Clark Health Care, said, “We look forward to having a world-class distribution facility in Southaven, which will play an integral role in helping us deliver on our commitments to our customers.”
The MDA provided Kimberly-Clark with guidance on available tax incentives, in addition to workforce training assistance in support of the project.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Kimberly-Clark maintains offices and manufacturing and distribution operations in 36 countries.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M