Kimberly-Clark sites distribution facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 19,2012
SOUTHAVEN — Kimberly-Clark Corporation is locating a distribution facility in Southaven, which will employ more than 100 workers and represents a capital investment of approximately $2 million, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
Kimberly-Clark’s facility will be used to distribute medical devices and products, and it will be located in more than 500,000 square feet of existing space in the Southaven-Airways Distribution Center.
Joanne Bauer, president of Kimberly-Clark Health Care, said, “We look forward to having a world-class distribution facility in Southaven, which will play an integral role in helping us deliver on our commitments to our customers.”
The MDA provided Kimberly-Clark with guidance on available tax incentives, in addition to workforce training assistance in support of the project.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Kimberly-Clark maintains offices and manufacturing and distribution operations in 36 countries.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs