Underwriters of BancorpSouth offering exercise over-allotment option
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 20,2012
TUPELO — BancorpSouth Inc. reports the underwriters for the recently announced public offering of BancorpSouth Inc. common stock have exercised in full their over-allotment option to purchase an additional 1,428,571 shares at a public offering price of $10.50 per share.
The company intends to use the net proceeds of this offering for general corporate purposes, including to maintain certain capital levels and liquidity at the company, potentially provide equity capital to BancorpSouth Bank, fund growth either organically or through acquisition of other financial institutions, insurance agencies, or other businesses that are closely aligned to the operations of the company, and fund investments in its subsidiaries.
The offering of common stock may be made only by means of a prospectus and a related prospectus supplement. Morgan Stanley & Co., LLC, and Stifel, Nicolaus & Company Incorporated are the joint book-running managers in the offering. Stephens Inc., Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, and Sandler O’Neill + Partners, L.P. are acting as co-managers for the stock offering.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability