Underwriters of BancorpSouth offering exercise over-allotment option
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 20,2012
TUPELO — BancorpSouth Inc. reports the underwriters for the recently announced public offering of BancorpSouth Inc. common stock have exercised in full their over-allotment option to purchase an additional 1,428,571 shares at a public offering price of $10.50 per share.
The company intends to use the net proceeds of this offering for general corporate purposes, including to maintain certain capital levels and liquidity at the company, potentially provide equity capital to BancorpSouth Bank, fund growth either organically or through acquisition of other financial institutions, insurance agencies, or other businesses that are closely aligned to the operations of the company, and fund investments in its subsidiaries.
The offering of common stock may be made only by means of a prospectus and a related prospectus supplement. Morgan Stanley & Co., LLC, and Stifel, Nicolaus & Company Incorporated are the joint book-running managers in the offering. Stephens Inc., Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, and Sandler O’Neill + Partners, L.P. are acting as co-managers for the stock offering.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal