Underwriters of BancorpSouth offering exercise over-allotment option
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 20,2012
TUPELO — BancorpSouth Inc. reports the underwriters for the recently announced public offering of BancorpSouth Inc. common stock have exercised in full their over-allotment option to purchase an additional 1,428,571 shares at a public offering price of $10.50 per share.
The company intends to use the net proceeds of this offering for general corporate purposes, including to maintain certain capital levels and liquidity at the company, potentially provide equity capital to BancorpSouth Bank, fund growth either organically or through acquisition of other financial institutions, insurance agencies, or other businesses that are closely aligned to the operations of the company, and fund investments in its subsidiaries.
The offering of common stock may be made only by means of a prospectus and a related prospectus supplement. Morgan Stanley & Co., LLC, and Stifel, Nicolaus & Company Incorporated are the joint book-running managers in the offering. Stephens Inc., Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, and Sandler O’Neill + Partners, L.P. are acting as co-managers for the stock offering.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location