Underwriters of BancorpSouth offering exercise over-allotment option
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 20,2012
TUPELO — BancorpSouth Inc. reports the underwriters for the recently announced public offering of BancorpSouth Inc. common stock have exercised in full their over-allotment option to purchase an additional 1,428,571 shares at a public offering price of $10.50 per share.
The company intends to use the net proceeds of this offering for general corporate purposes, including to maintain certain capital levels and liquidity at the company, potentially provide equity capital to BancorpSouth Bank, fund growth either organically or through acquisition of other financial institutions, insurance agencies, or other businesses that are closely aligned to the operations of the company, and fund investments in its subsidiaries.
The offering of common stock may be made only by means of a prospectus and a related prospectus supplement. Morgan Stanley & Co., LLC, and Stifel, Nicolaus & Company Incorporated are the joint book-running managers in the offering. Stephens Inc., Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, and Sandler O’Neill + Partners, L.P. are acting as co-managers for the stock offering.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow