Underwriters of BancorpSouth offering exercise over-allotment option
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 20,2012
TUPELO — BancorpSouth Inc. reports the underwriters for the recently announced public offering of BancorpSouth Inc. common stock have exercised in full their over-allotment option to purchase an additional 1,428,571 shares at a public offering price of $10.50 per share.
The company intends to use the net proceeds of this offering for general corporate purposes, including to maintain certain capital levels and liquidity at the company, potentially provide equity capital to BancorpSouth Bank, fund growth either organically or through acquisition of other financial institutions, insurance agencies, or other businesses that are closely aligned to the operations of the company, and fund investments in its subsidiaries.
The offering of common stock may be made only by means of a prospectus and a related prospectus supplement. Morgan Stanley & Co., LLC, and Stifel, Nicolaus & Company Incorporated are the joint book-running managers in the offering. Stephens Inc., Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, and Sandler O’Neill + Partners, L.P. are acting as co-managers for the stock offering.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014