Fuller to advise
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 22,2012
Jackson State University director of athletics Vivian L. Fuller has been nominated by the Southwestern Athletic Conference and selected by the NCAA to serve as a member of the NCAA Division I HBCU Academic Advisory Group. Fuller is the first female to lead Jackson State’s athletics department. She joined the JSU team in August 2011 from Sojourner-Douglass College, where she served as dean of the college’s Cambridge, Md., campus.
Before joining Sojourner-Douglass in 2003, Fuller spent more than a decade directing the athletics programs at various universities. Fuller is a nationally known expert on academic support programs for student-athletes, academic advising, women in sports and management and gender equity.
She earned a bachelor’s degree in physical education from Fayetteville State University, a master’s of education from the University of Idaho and a doctorate in higher education administration from Iowa State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again