Fuller to advise
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 22,2012
Jackson State University director of athletics Vivian L. Fuller has been nominated by the Southwestern Athletic Conference and selected by the NCAA to serve as a member of the NCAA Division I HBCU Academic Advisory Group. Fuller is the first female to lead Jackson State’s athletics department. She joined the JSU team in August 2011 from Sojourner-Douglass College, where she served as dean of the college’s Cambridge, Md., campus.
Before joining Sojourner-Douglass in 2003, Fuller spent more than a decade directing the athletics programs at various universities. Fuller is a nationally known expert on academic support programs for student-athletes, academic advising, women in sports and management and gender equity.
She earned a bachelor’s degree in physical education from Fayetteville State University, a master’s of education from the University of Idaho and a doctorate in higher education administration from Iowa State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- John Fletcher joins Jones Walker