Fuller to advise
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 22,2012
Jackson State University director of athletics Vivian L. Fuller has been nominated by the Southwestern Athletic Conference and selected by the NCAA to serve as a member of the NCAA Division I HBCU Academic Advisory Group. Fuller is the first female to lead Jackson State’s athletics department. She joined the JSU team in August 2011 from Sojourner-Douglass College, where she served as dean of the college’s Cambridge, Md., campus.
Before joining Sojourner-Douglass in 2003, Fuller spent more than a decade directing the athletics programs at various universities. Fuller is a nationally known expert on academic support programs for student-athletes, academic advising, women in sports and management and gender equity.
She earned a bachelor’s degree in physical education from Fayetteville State University, a master’s of education from the University of Idaho and a doctorate in higher education administration from Iowa State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Aldermen review adult business ordinance, call public hearing
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout