HORNE adds partners
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 22,2012
S. Neil Forbes, CFE, PMP, and Wes T. Winborne, CPA, have been admitted as partners within HORNE LLP. As part of HORNE’s disaster recover management team, Forbes oversees projects related to HUD Community Development Block Grant funds. His responsibilities include program management, financial and regulatory compliance with grant regulations and all applicable state and federal laws including The Stafford Act, Fair Housing regulations and income eligibility requirements.
Forbes is a certified fraud examiner and a project management professional. He is a graduate of Virginia Wesleyan College, and is a member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and the Project Management Institute.
Winborne’s primary focus is construction services. He has experience serving the construction industry, providing audit and tax services as well as management advisory services related to job costing, bonding, computer consulting and internal control reviews to contractors.
Winborne earned a bachelor of accountancy and a master of accountancy from Mississippi State University. He is a member of the Construction Industry CPAs/Consultants Association, Associated Builders and Contractors, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, American Subcontractors Association (where he serves on the board of directors and is vice president of the Mississippi chapter), Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants, Mississippi Asphalt Pavement Association and the Construction Financial Management Association.
Winborne also serves on the board of directors for the Clinton Chamber of Commerce.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful