HORNE adds partners
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 22,2012
S. Neil Forbes, CFE, PMP, and Wes T. Winborne, CPA, have been admitted as partners within HORNE LLP. As part of HORNE’s disaster recover management team, Forbes oversees projects related to HUD Community Development Block Grant funds. His responsibilities include program management, financial and regulatory compliance with grant regulations and all applicable state and federal laws including The Stafford Act, Fair Housing regulations and income eligibility requirements.
Forbes is a certified fraud examiner and a project management professional. He is a graduate of Virginia Wesleyan College, and is a member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and the Project Management Institute.
Winborne’s primary focus is construction services. He has experience serving the construction industry, providing audit and tax services as well as management advisory services related to job costing, bonding, computer consulting and internal control reviews to contractors.
Winborne earned a bachelor of accountancy and a master of accountancy from Mississippi State University. He is a member of the Construction Industry CPAs/Consultants Association, Associated Builders and Contractors, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, American Subcontractors Association (where he serves on the board of directors and is vice president of the Mississippi chapter), Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants, Mississippi Asphalt Pavement Association and the Construction Financial Management Association.
Winborne also serves on the board of directors for the Clinton Chamber of Commerce.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State