MDOT promotes McConnell
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 22,2012
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has appointed Mark McConnell to the position of deputy executive director-chief engineer. McConnell, a 24-year employee of MDOT, will oversee highway and bridge construction projects as well as MDOT’s maintenance program throughout Mississippi. He will also oversee MDOT’s divisions and districts.
McConnell started his MDOT career in construction in the Vicksburg project in 1988. He then moved to Yazoo City as a project engineer, and then moved to the district office in Yazoo City as the district maintenance engineer. In 1998, McConnell transferred to Jackson as the assistant state maintenance engineer, and most recently he held the position of assistant chief engineer-field operations.
McConnell is a native of New Orleans, who graduated in 1987 from Louisiana State University with a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering.
He resides in Rankin County with his wife, Susan, and daughter, Sydney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics