MDOT promotes McConnell
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 22,2012
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has appointed Mark McConnell to the position of deputy executive director-chief engineer. McConnell, a 24-year employee of MDOT, will oversee highway and bridge construction projects as well as MDOT’s maintenance program throughout Mississippi. He will also oversee MDOT’s divisions and districts.
McConnell started his MDOT career in construction in the Vicksburg project in 1988. He then moved to Yazoo City as a project engineer, and then moved to the district office in Yazoo City as the district maintenance engineer. In 1998, McConnell transferred to Jackson as the assistant state maintenance engineer, and most recently he held the position of assistant chief engineer-field operations.
McConnell is a native of New Orleans, who graduated in 1987 from Louisiana State University with a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering.
He resides in Rankin County with his wife, Susan, and daughter, Sydney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015