MDOT promotes McConnell
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 22,2012
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has appointed Mark McConnell to the position of deputy executive director-chief engineer. McConnell, a 24-year employee of MDOT, will oversee highway and bridge construction projects as well as MDOT’s maintenance program throughout Mississippi. He will also oversee MDOT’s divisions and districts.
McConnell started his MDOT career in construction in the Vicksburg project in 1988. He then moved to Yazoo City as a project engineer, and then moved to the district office in Yazoo City as the district maintenance engineer. In 1998, McConnell transferred to Jackson as the assistant state maintenance engineer, and most recently he held the position of assistant chief engineer-field operations.
McConnell is a native of New Orleans, who graduated in 1987 from Louisiana State University with a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering.
He resides in Rankin County with his wife, Susan, and daughter, Sydney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast