MDOT promotes McConnell
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 22,2012
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has appointed Mark McConnell to the position of deputy executive director-chief engineer. McConnell, a 24-year employee of MDOT, will oversee highway and bridge construction projects as well as MDOT’s maintenance program throughout Mississippi. He will also oversee MDOT’s divisions and districts.
McConnell started his MDOT career in construction in the Vicksburg project in 1988. He then moved to Yazoo City as a project engineer, and then moved to the district office in Yazoo City as the district maintenance engineer. In 1998, McConnell transferred to Jackson as the assistant state maintenance engineer, and most recently he held the position of assistant chief engineer-field operations.
McConnell is a native of New Orleans, who graduated in 1987 from Louisiana State University with a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering.
He resides in Rankin County with his wife, Susan, and daughter, Sydney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues