Nosef elected chairman
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 22,2012
The Mississippi Republican Party has elected Joe Nosef of Jackson as its new chairman. Nosef was elected by a unanimous vote shortly after the resignation of former chairman Arnie Hederman.
Nosef grew up in Clarksdale and attended the University of Mississippi earning both undergraduate and master’s degrees in accounting. He graduated from the University of Mississippi Law School and also obtained an LL.M. degree in taxation from the University of Florida.
Nosef has practiced law in the Jackson area for more than 15 years. During this time, he has served on boards of various charitable organizations in the metro area.
Upon his inauguration in January 2004, Gov. Haley Barbour appointed Nosef to serve as chief counsel where he served until November 2006 when Barbour named him campaign manager for his re-election campaign in 2007. After Barbour’s reelection, Nosef served as chief of staff for then Lt. Gov. Phil Bryant during 2008. He served as chairman of the Phil Bryant Campaign for Governor and executive director of the Phil Bryant Gubernatorial Transition.
Nosef currently practices law at Watkins & Eager PLLC in Jackson. He is married to the former Amy Wallace of Laurel. They are the parents of two children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015