Nosef elected chairman
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 22,2012
The Mississippi Republican Party has elected Joe Nosef of Jackson as its new chairman. Nosef was elected by a unanimous vote shortly after the resignation of former chairman Arnie Hederman.
Nosef grew up in Clarksdale and attended the University of Mississippi earning both undergraduate and master’s degrees in accounting. He graduated from the University of Mississippi Law School and also obtained an LL.M. degree in taxation from the University of Florida.
Nosef has practiced law in the Jackson area for more than 15 years. During this time, he has served on boards of various charitable organizations in the metro area.
Upon his inauguration in January 2004, Gov. Haley Barbour appointed Nosef to serve as chief counsel where he served until November 2006 when Barbour named him campaign manager for his re-election campaign in 2007. After Barbour’s reelection, Nosef served as chief of staff for then Lt. Gov. Phil Bryant during 2008. He served as chairman of the Phil Bryant Campaign for Governor and executive director of the Phil Bryant Gubernatorial Transition.
Nosef currently practices law at Watkins & Eager PLLC in Jackson. He is married to the former Amy Wallace of Laurel. They are the parents of two children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more