Home sales, prices up on Coast compared to 2010
by Associated Press
Published: January 24,2012
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — Mississippi Gulf Coast home sales finished 2011 on an upswing, with average sales prices up $8,000 in December and more homes sold than at the end of 2010.
The Mississippi Gulf Multiple Listing Service report showed the average sales price of a home in South Mississippi was $124,694 in December.
That was $2,000 below the average sales price a year earlier and up from a low of $111,738 in September.
Lance Nail, dean and professor of finance at the University of Southern Mississippi College of Business in Hattiesburg tells The Sun Herald one of the signs of economic recovery in the state has been a reduction in the number of homes for sale.
Nail said Mississippi is seeing home supply and demand starting to meet again.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi