Home sales, prices up on Coast compared to 2010
by Associated Press
Published: January 24,2012
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — Mississippi Gulf Coast home sales finished 2011 on an upswing, with average sales prices up $8,000 in December and more homes sold than at the end of 2010.
The Mississippi Gulf Multiple Listing Service report showed the average sales price of a home in South Mississippi was $124,694 in December.
That was $2,000 below the average sales price a year earlier and up from a low of $111,738 in September.
Lance Nail, dean and professor of finance at the University of Southern Mississippi College of Business in Hattiesburg tells The Sun Herald one of the signs of economic recovery in the state has been a reduction in the number of homes for sale.
Nail said Mississippi is seeing home supply and demand starting to meet again.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip