Home sales, prices up on Coast compared to 2010
Published: January 24,2012
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — Mississippi Gulf Coast home sales finished 2011 on an upswing, with average sales prices up $8,000 in December and more homes sold than at the end of 2010.
The Mississippi Gulf Multiple Listing Service report showed the average sales price of a home in South Mississippi was $124,694 in December.
That was $2,000 below the average sales price a year earlier and up from a low of $111,738 in September.
Lance Nail, dean and professor of finance at the University of Southern Mississippi College of Business in Hattiesburg tells The Sun Herald one of the signs of economic recovery in the state has been a reduction in the number of homes for sale.
Nail said Mississippi is seeing home supply and demand starting to meet again.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow