MEMA releases damage report from weekend storms
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 24,2012
MISSISSIPPI DELTA — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has received preliminary reports of damages from three counties due to severe weather that moved through the state Sunday night and Monday morning.
At least one injury was reported in Bolivar County.
Initial damage reports by county are as follows:
• Bolivar — Several homes damaged, trees and power lines down and one reported injury.
• Coahoma — Several farm buildings damaged and power lines down.
• Quitman — Several homes damaged, trees and power lines down.
These are initial reports from county emergency managers and no state assistance has been requested at this time. Additional damage assessments are underway. The National Weather Service will conduct surveys to determine what type of weather caused the damage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location