MEMA releases damage report from weekend storms
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 24,2012
MISSISSIPPI DELTA — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has received preliminary reports of damages from three counties due to severe weather that moved through the state Sunday night and Monday morning.
At least one injury was reported in Bolivar County.
Initial damage reports by county are as follows:
• Bolivar — Several homes damaged, trees and power lines down and one reported injury.
• Coahoma — Several farm buildings damaged and power lines down.
• Quitman — Several homes damaged, trees and power lines down.
These are initial reports from county emergency managers and no state assistance has been requested at this time. Additional damage assessments are underway. The National Weather Service will conduct surveys to determine what type of weather caused the damage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up