MEMA releases damage report from weekend storms
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 24,2012
MISSISSIPPI DELTA — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has received preliminary reports of damages from three counties due to severe weather that moved through the state Sunday night and Monday morning.
At least one injury was reported in Bolivar County.
Initial damage reports by county are as follows:
• Bolivar — Several homes damaged, trees and power lines down and one reported injury.
• Coahoma — Several farm buildings damaged and power lines down.
• Quitman — Several homes damaged, trees and power lines down.
These are initial reports from county emergency managers and no state assistance has been requested at this time. Additional damage assessments are underway. The National Weather Service will conduct surveys to determine what type of weather caused the damage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force