MEMA releases damage report from weekend storms
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 24,2012
MISSISSIPPI DELTA — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has received preliminary reports of damages from three counties due to severe weather that moved through the state Sunday night and Monday morning.
At least one injury was reported in Bolivar County.
Initial damage reports by county are as follows:
• Bolivar — Several homes damaged, trees and power lines down and one reported injury.
• Coahoma — Several farm buildings damaged and power lines down.
• Quitman — Several homes damaged, trees and power lines down.
These are initial reports from county emergency managers and no state assistance has been requested at this time. Additional damage assessments are underway. The National Weather Service will conduct surveys to determine what type of weather caused the damage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015