MEMA releases damage report from weekend storms
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 24,2012
MISSISSIPPI DELTA — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has received preliminary reports of damages from three counties due to severe weather that moved through the state Sunday night and Monday morning.
At least one injury was reported in Bolivar County.
Initial damage reports by county are as follows:
• Bolivar — Several homes damaged, trees and power lines down and one reported injury.
• Coahoma — Several farm buildings damaged and power lines down.
• Quitman — Several homes damaged, trees and power lines down.
These are initial reports from county emergency managers and no state assistance has been requested at this time. Additional damage assessments are underway. The National Weather Service will conduct surveys to determine what type of weather caused the damage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program