Nearly 100 water associations miss PSC’s reporting deadline
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 24,2012
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — Northern District Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley says 92 water associations in North Mississippi have failed to meet a Jan. 18 deadline for submitting a copy of their corporate by-laws to the PSC.
Presley gave the 92 associations until Jan. 27 at 5 p.m. to submit by-laws or face subpoenas for records.
Presley’s office has been collecting corporate by-laws for the past two months as a part of an ongoing investigation and review into the operations of rural water associations across North Mississippi and their compliance with the Mississippi Non-Profit Corporation Act.
Presley said, “It is my intention to make sure these associations are operating legally and within the bounds of the law.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry