Supervisors to view scaled-down tennis facility project
Published: January 24,2012
OXFORD — A scaled-down version of an expansion of the John Leslie Tennis Facility in Oxford will be presented to Lafayette County supervisors.
The Oxford Eagle reports last year county officials wouldn’t agree to a $3 million proposal to expand the facility from eight to 20 tennis courts.
Mayor Pat Patterson says the city and University of Mississippi have each committed $550,000 to the project. He’s hoping the county will do the same.
The pared-down plan eliminates a viewing deck and clubhouse. The plan now calls for 12 new courts and a building to house bathrooms, storage and a small meeting room for teams.
Once built, the city will take on the responsibility of maintaining the new courts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years