Supervisors to view scaled-down tennis facility project
by Associated Press
Published: January 24,2012
OXFORD — A scaled-down version of an expansion of the John Leslie Tennis Facility in Oxford will be presented to Lafayette County supervisors.
The Oxford Eagle reports last year county officials wouldn’t agree to a $3 million proposal to expand the facility from eight to 20 tennis courts.
Mayor Pat Patterson says the city and University of Mississippi have each committed $550,000 to the project. He’s hoping the county will do the same.
The pared-down plan eliminates a viewing deck and clubhouse. The plan now calls for 12 new courts and a building to house bathrooms, storage and a small meeting room for teams.
Once built, the city will take on the responsibility of maintaining the new courts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium