Supervisors to view scaled-down tennis facility project
Published: January 24,2012
OXFORD — A scaled-down version of an expansion of the John Leslie Tennis Facility in Oxford will be presented to Lafayette County supervisors.
The Oxford Eagle reports last year county officials wouldn’t agree to a $3 million proposal to expand the facility from eight to 20 tennis courts.
Mayor Pat Patterson says the city and University of Mississippi have each committed $550,000 to the project. He’s hoping the county will do the same.
The pared-down plan eliminates a viewing deck and clubhouse. The plan now calls for 12 new courts and a building to house bathrooms, storage and a small meeting room for teams.
Once built, the city will take on the responsibility of maintaining the new courts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62