Supervisors to view scaled-down tennis facility project
Published: January 24,2012
OXFORD — A scaled-down version of an expansion of the John Leslie Tennis Facility in Oxford will be presented to Lafayette County supervisors.
The Oxford Eagle reports last year county officials wouldn’t agree to a $3 million proposal to expand the facility from eight to 20 tennis courts.
Mayor Pat Patterson says the city and University of Mississippi have each committed $550,000 to the project. He’s hoping the county will do the same.
The pared-down plan eliminates a viewing deck and clubhouse. The plan now calls for 12 new courts and a building to house bathrooms, storage and a small meeting room for teams.
Once built, the city will take on the responsibility of maintaining the new courts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar