Supervisors to view scaled-down tennis facility project
Published: January 24,2012
OXFORD — A scaled-down version of an expansion of the John Leslie Tennis Facility in Oxford will be presented to Lafayette County supervisors.
The Oxford Eagle reports last year county officials wouldn’t agree to a $3 million proposal to expand the facility from eight to 20 tennis courts.
Mayor Pat Patterson says the city and University of Mississippi have each committed $550,000 to the project. He’s hoping the county will do the same.
The pared-down plan eliminates a viewing deck and clubhouse. The plan now calls for 12 new courts and a building to house bathrooms, storage and a small meeting room for teams.
Once built, the city will take on the responsibility of maintaining the new courts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three