BancorpSouth closes offering; BancorpSouth Insurance launches app
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 25,2012
TUPELO — BancorpSouth Inc. has closed an underwritten public offering of 10,952,381 shares of its common stock at a price to the public of $10.50 per share. The gross proceeds from the offering, before expenses, were $109.3 million.
The proceeds from the offering will be used by the financial institution for general corporate purposes, including to maintain certain capital levels and liquidity at the company, potentially provide equity capital to BancorpSouth Bank, fund growth either organically or through acquisition of other financial institutions, insurance agencies, or other businesses that are closely aligned to the operations of the company, and fund investments in its subsidiaries.
Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC and Stifel, Nicolaus & Company Inc. acted as the joint book-running managers in the offering. Stephens Inc., Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, and Sandler O’Neill + Partners, L.P. served as co-managers for the offering.
In a separate BancorpSouth-related item, BancorpSouth Insurance Services Inc., a division of BancorpSouth Bank, has released its branded BancorpSouth Insurance Services Inc. Mobile app for the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android.
With this new mobile insurance app, clients can locate an office, contact an agent, report a claim and more.
Markham McKnight, BancorpSouth Insurance president, said, “BancorpSouth Insurance provides clients with a simple way to access information and report a claim any time of the day or night, seven days a week.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public