Officials to break ground for new Choctaw County Hospital
Published: January 25,2012
ACKERMAN — The Choctaw County Medical Foundation and Pioneer Health Systems will hold a ground-breaking ceremony Friday for the new Choctaw County Hospital in Ackerman.
Pioneer Health Systems, the parent Pioneer Community Hospital of Choctaw, is building the hospital and a medical office building in Ackerman.
U.S. Rep. Alan Nunnelee (R-Miss) is scheduled to speak at the 2 p.m. event at the construction site at the corner of Mississippi Highways 12 and 9 in Ackerman.
Joe McNulty, president of Pioneer Health Services, says the new hospital had been in the works since February 2010 and had the support of local and state officials.
PHS is headquartered in Magee and owns, manages or leases eight hospitals in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity