Officials to break ground for new Choctaw County Hospital
by Associated Press
Published: January 25,2012
ACKERMAN — The Choctaw County Medical Foundation and Pioneer Health Systems will hold a ground-breaking ceremony Friday for the new Choctaw County Hospital in Ackerman.
Pioneer Health Systems, the parent Pioneer Community Hospital of Choctaw, is building the hospital and a medical office building in Ackerman.
U.S. Rep. Alan Nunnelee (R-Miss) is scheduled to speak at the 2 p.m. event at the construction site at the corner of Mississippi Highways 12 and 9 in Ackerman.
Joe McNulty, president of Pioneer Health Services, says the new hospital had been in the works since February 2010 and had the support of local and state officials.
PHS is headquartered in Magee and owns, manages or leases eight hospitals in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hunters urged to help fight wild hog population
- Grocery store settles discrimination case with EEOC
- County to borrow $24M for wood pellet terminal at port
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- DMR sends letter to MDA over marine leasing, seismic activity
- Supreme Court refuses to hear drilling moratorium case
- Diet clinic owner, manager arrested on drug charges
- Cochran: 'We are making progress' on farm bill
- Court refuses again to remove judge from murder-for-hire case
- Power plant lands $181M loan from USDA