Officials to break ground for new Choctaw County Hospital
by Associated Press
Published: January 25,2012
ACKERMAN — The Choctaw County Medical Foundation and Pioneer Health Systems will hold a ground-breaking ceremony Friday for the new Choctaw County Hospital in Ackerman.
Pioneer Health Systems, the parent Pioneer Community Hospital of Choctaw, is building the hospital and a medical office building in Ackerman.
U.S. Rep. Alan Nunnelee (R-Miss) is scheduled to speak at the 2 p.m. event at the construction site at the corner of Mississippi Highways 12 and 9 in Ackerman.
Joe McNulty, president of Pioneer Health Services, says the new hospital had been in the works since February 2010 and had the support of local and state officials.
PHS is headquartered in Magee and owns, manages or leases eight hospitals in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects