Officials to break ground for new Choctaw County Hospital
Published: January 25,2012
ACKERMAN — The Choctaw County Medical Foundation and Pioneer Health Systems will hold a ground-breaking ceremony Friday for the new Choctaw County Hospital in Ackerman.
Pioneer Health Systems, the parent Pioneer Community Hospital of Choctaw, is building the hospital and a medical office building in Ackerman.
U.S. Rep. Alan Nunnelee (R-Miss) is scheduled to speak at the 2 p.m. event at the construction site at the corner of Mississippi Highways 12 and 9 in Ackerman.
Joe McNulty, president of Pioneer Health Services, says the new hospital had been in the works since February 2010 and had the support of local and state officials.
PHS is headquartered in Magee and owns, manages or leases eight hospitals in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money