Officials to break ground for new Choctaw County Hospital
Published: January 25,2012
ACKERMAN — The Choctaw County Medical Foundation and Pioneer Health Systems will hold a ground-breaking ceremony Friday for the new Choctaw County Hospital in Ackerman.
Pioneer Health Systems, the parent Pioneer Community Hospital of Choctaw, is building the hospital and a medical office building in Ackerman.
U.S. Rep. Alan Nunnelee (R-Miss) is scheduled to speak at the 2 p.m. event at the construction site at the corner of Mississippi Highways 12 and 9 in Ackerman.
Joe McNulty, president of Pioneer Health Services, says the new hospital had been in the works since February 2010 and had the support of local and state officials.
PHS is headquartered in Magee and owns, manages or leases eight hospitals in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so