First M&F reports increased earnings last year
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 26,2012
KOSCIUSKO — First M&F Corp. reports 2011 net income of $4.373 million, compared to a net income of $4.011 million for 2010, a nine percent increase.
Earnings allocated to common shareholders were $2.584 million, or $0.28 basic and diluted earnings per share, compared to earnings of $15.071 million, or $1.66 basic and diluted earnings per share for 2010.
Earnings attributable to common shareholders for 2010 includes a $12.867 million gain on exchange of preferred stock recorded in the third quarter of 2010. Excluding the gain on exchange, 2010 common earnings were $2.301 million, or $.25 basic and diluted earnings per share.
Net income for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2011, was $530,000 allocated to common shareholders, or $.05 basic and diluted earnings per share, compared to $267,000, or $.03 basic and diluted earnings per share, for the fourth quarter of 2010.
For the fourth quarter of 2011 the annualized return on assets was 0.25 percent, while return on common equity was 2.27 percent. Comparatively, the return on assets for the fourth quarter of 2010 was 0.16 percent, with a return on common equity of 1.16 percent. The return on assets for 2011 was 0.27 percent, while the return on common equity was 2.81 percent.
“Our credit trends continue to improve, bolstered by eight quarters of post-recession earnings,” said Hugh S. Potts Jr., chairman and CEO of the financial institution. “Our nonaccrual loans to total loans improved in 2011 to 1.68 percent from 3.11 percent in 2010. While our net income overall was up nine percent, cash earnings applicable to common stock, excluding the 2010 gain on exchange of preferred stock, were up 13 percent year over year.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders