Interior Department to sell offshore gas leases in June
Published: January 26,2012
GULF OF MEXICO — The Department of Interior says it has set a June date for the next Gulf offshore oil and natural gas lease sale.
The sale will include all available unleased areas in the Central Planning Area offshore Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.
The sale will take place in New Orleans on June 20.
The proposed lease sale includes approximately 7,250 unleased blocks covering nearly 38 million acres.
The blocks are located from three to about 230 miles offshore, in water depths ranging from nine to more than 11,115 feet in the central Gulf of Mexico.
Federal officials estimate the region contains close to 31 billion barrels of oil and 134 trillion cubic feet of natural gas that are currently undiscovered and technically recoverable.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge