Keesler FCU gets five-star rating from Bauer Financial
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 26,2012
BILOXI — Bauer Financial Inc. has ranked Keesler Federal Credit Union as a “Superior 5-Star” credit union.
“The recent uproar against big banks has shed a whole new light on the credit union model, said Karen L. Dorway, president of Bauer Financial. “While the primary focus of the big banks is dividend payments, smaller banks and credit unions tend to be locals and therefore more in tune with the communities they serve.”
Keesler Federal Credit Union is the largest Mississippi-based credit union in the state, with assets of $1.9 billion. Serving over 188,000 members worldwide, the credit union has 16 branches in South Mississippi and three branches at U.S. Air Force installations in the United Kingdom.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs