Keesler FCU gets five-star rating from Bauer Financial
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 26,2012
BILOXI — Bauer Financial Inc. has ranked Keesler Federal Credit Union as a “Superior 5-Star” credit union.
“The recent uproar against big banks has shed a whole new light on the credit union model, said Karen L. Dorway, president of Bauer Financial. “While the primary focus of the big banks is dividend payments, smaller banks and credit unions tend to be locals and therefore more in tune with the communities they serve.”
Keesler Federal Credit Union is the largest Mississippi-based credit union in the state, with assets of $1.9 billion. Serving over 188,000 members worldwide, the credit union has 16 branches in South Mississippi and three branches at U.S. Air Force installations in the United Kingdom.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill