Keesler FCU gets five-star rating from Bauer Financial
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 26,2012
BILOXI — Bauer Financial Inc. has ranked Keesler Federal Credit Union as a “Superior 5-Star” credit union.
“The recent uproar against big banks has shed a whole new light on the credit union model, said Karen L. Dorway, president of Bauer Financial. “While the primary focus of the big banks is dividend payments, smaller banks and credit unions tend to be locals and therefore more in tune with the communities they serve.”
Keesler Federal Credit Union is the largest Mississippi-based credit union in the state, with assets of $1.9 billion. Serving over 188,000 members worldwide, the credit union has 16 branches in South Mississippi and three branches at U.S. Air Force installations in the United Kingdom.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit