Keesler FCU gets five-star rating from Bauer Financial
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 26,2012
BILOXI — Bauer Financial Inc. has ranked Keesler Federal Credit Union as a “Superior 5-Star” credit union.
“The recent uproar against big banks has shed a whole new light on the credit union model, said Karen L. Dorway, president of Bauer Financial. “While the primary focus of the big banks is dividend payments, smaller banks and credit unions tend to be locals and therefore more in tune with the communities they serve.”
Keesler Federal Credit Union is the largest Mississippi-based credit union in the state, with assets of $1.9 billion. Serving over 188,000 members worldwide, the credit union has 16 branches in South Mississippi and three branches at U.S. Air Force installations in the United Kingdom.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year