Keesler FCU gets five-star rating from Bauer Financial
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 26,2012
BILOXI — Bauer Financial Inc. has ranked Keesler Federal Credit Union as a “Superior 5-Star” credit union.
“The recent uproar against big banks has shed a whole new light on the credit union model, said Karen L. Dorway, president of Bauer Financial. “While the primary focus of the big banks is dividend payments, smaller banks and credit unions tend to be locals and therefore more in tune with the communities they serve.”
Keesler Federal Credit Union is the largest Mississippi-based credit union in the state, with assets of $1.9 billion. Serving over 188,000 members worldwide, the credit union has 16 branches in South Mississippi and three branches at U.S. Air Force installations in the United Kingdom.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders