Sara Lee closing plant; 150-plus workers left unemployed
Published: January 27,2012
SHANNON — Sara Lee says it will close a plant in Shannon by the end of March putting 155 people out of work, according to a report by WTVA-TV.
WTVA says in an email it received from Illinois-based Sara Lee, the company says the work done in Shannon will transfer to plants in Kentucky and Missouri.
The company says employees will receive a 60-day notice in accordance with federal regulations.
Sara Lee expects to close the facility here by March 30.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015