Sara Lee closing plant; 150-plus workers left unemployed
Published: January 27,2012
SHANNON — Sara Lee says it will close a plant in Shannon by the end of March putting 155 people out of work, according to a report by WTVA-TV.
WTVA says in an email it received from Illinois-based Sara Lee, the company says the work done in Shannon will transfer to plants in Kentucky and Missouri.
The company says employees will receive a 60-day notice in accordance with federal regulations.
Sara Lee expects to close the facility here by March 30.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”