Sara Lee closing plant; 150-plus workers left unemployed
by Associated Press
Published: January 27,2012
SHANNON — Sara Lee says it will close a plant in Shannon by the end of March putting 155 people out of work, according to a report by WTVA-TV.
WTVA says in an email it received from Illinois-based Sara Lee, the company says the work done in Shannon will transfer to plants in Kentucky and Missouri.
The company says employees will receive a 60-day notice in accordance with federal regulations.
Sara Lee expects to close the facility here by March 30.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge
- Real estate company paying $1M for compromising wetlands
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Authorities: Suspect in ricin-laced letters case appeared to try to run
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections