Court suspends, fines, reprimands Justice Court judge
Published: January 29,2012
LEE COUNTY — The Mississippi Supreme Court has suspended Lee County Justice Court Judge Rickey W. Thompson from office for 30 days without pay, effective Jan. 26.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that the Supreme Court also fined Thompson and ordered public reprimand in circuit court.
Last April, Thompson was accused of misconduct in documents filed by the Mississippi Commission on Judicial Performance.
The commission alleged that Thompson dismissed 11 no-drivers’ license citations without court hearings and telling a man involved in a divorce that he could get anything that belonged to him from the marital home, resulting in a call by the wife to the sheriff’s office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Court suspends, fines, reprimands Justice Court judge”
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'