Court suspends, fines, reprimands Justice Court judge
Published: January 29,2012
LEE COUNTY — The Mississippi Supreme Court has suspended Lee County Justice Court Judge Rickey W. Thompson from office for 30 days without pay, effective Jan. 26.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that the Supreme Court also fined Thompson and ordered public reprimand in circuit court.
Last April, Thompson was accused of misconduct in documents filed by the Mississippi Commission on Judicial Performance.
The commission alleged that Thompson dismissed 11 no-drivers’ license citations without court hearings and telling a man involved in a divorce that he could get anything that belonged to him from the marital home, resulting in a call by the wife to the sheriff’s office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Court suspends, fines, reprimands Justice Court judge”
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program