Court suspends, fines, reprimands Justice Court judge
Published: January 29,2012
LEE COUNTY — The Mississippi Supreme Court has suspended Lee County Justice Court Judge Rickey W. Thompson from office for 30 days without pay, effective Jan. 26.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that the Supreme Court also fined Thompson and ordered public reprimand in circuit court.
Last April, Thompson was accused of misconduct in documents filed by the Mississippi Commission on Judicial Performance.
The commission alleged that Thompson dismissed 11 no-drivers’ license citations without court hearings and telling a man involved in a divorce that he could get anything that belonged to him from the marital home, resulting in a call by the wife to the sheriff’s office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Court suspends, fines, reprimands Justice Court judge”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation