Court suspends, fines, reprimands Justice Court judge
Published: January 29,2012
LEE COUNTY — The Mississippi Supreme Court has suspended Lee County Justice Court Judge Rickey W. Thompson from office for 30 days without pay, effective Jan. 26.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that the Supreme Court also fined Thompson and ordered public reprimand in circuit court.
Last April, Thompson was accused of misconduct in documents filed by the Mississippi Commission on Judicial Performance.
The commission alleged that Thompson dismissed 11 no-drivers’ license citations without court hearings and telling a man involved in a divorce that he could get anything that belonged to him from the marital home, resulting in a call by the wife to the sheriff’s office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Court suspends, fines, reprimands Justice Court judge”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'