Hardnett joins faculty
Cathy Hardnett has completed her Ph.D. studies in accounting from Jackson State University and is now on faculty at the University of St. Thomas-Houston. Hardnett is one of only 195 African-American accounting business school professors in the U.S., most of whom have become professors since The PhD Project was created in 1994. The PhD Project vision is to diversify corporate America by increasing the number of minority business professors, who attract more minority students to study business in college.
Hardnett earned her doctorate by successfully defending her dissertation “Adoption of Sarbanes-Oxley Measures by Nonprofit Organizations: A Study of Community Action Agencie.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute