Hardnett joins faculty
Cathy Hardnett has completed her Ph.D. studies in accounting from Jackson State University and is now on faculty at the University of St. Thomas-Houston. Hardnett is one of only 195 African-American accounting business school professors in the U.S., most of whom have become professors since The PhD Project was created in 1994. The PhD Project vision is to diversify corporate America by increasing the number of minority business professors, who attract more minority students to study business in college.
Hardnett earned her doctorate by successfully defending her dissertation “Adoption of Sarbanes-Oxley Measures by Nonprofit Organizations: A Study of Community Action Agencie.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release