Hardnett joins faculty
Cathy Hardnett has completed her Ph.D. studies in accounting from Jackson State University and is now on faculty at the University of St. Thomas-Houston. Hardnett is one of only 195 African-American accounting business school professors in the U.S., most of whom have become professors since The PhD Project was created in 1994. The PhD Project vision is to diversify corporate America by increasing the number of minority business professors, who attract more minority students to study business in college.
Hardnett earned her doctorate by successfully defending her dissertation “Adoption of Sarbanes-Oxley Measures by Nonprofit Organizations: A Study of Community Action Agencie.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge