Hardnett joins faculty
Cathy Hardnett has completed her Ph.D. studies in accounting from Jackson State University and is now on faculty at the University of St. Thomas-Houston. Hardnett is one of only 195 African-American accounting business school professors in the U.S., most of whom have become professors since The PhD Project was created in 1994. The PhD Project vision is to diversify corporate America by increasing the number of minority business professors, who attract more minority students to study business in college.
Hardnett earned her doctorate by successfully defending her dissertation “Adoption of Sarbanes-Oxley Measures by Nonprofit Organizations: A Study of Community Action Agencie.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'