KiOR closes on $75M loan to support first biofuels plant
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 29,2012
COLUMBUS — KiOR Inc., a next-generation renewable fuels company based in Pasadena, Texas, has closed a $75 million, four-year term loan with a lender group comprised of an affiliate of Vinod Khosla and two Canadian corporations owned by certain pension fund clients of Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo).
“This follow-on investment in KiOR reaffirms the continued long-term commitment of two of North America’s most knowledgeable renewable energy investors in light of KiOR’s on-time and on-budget execution of its first commercial facility in Columbus, Miss., KiOR’s continued progress toward yield improvements in its R&D program and prospects for KiOR’s larger, second facility in Mississippi planned to break ground after our Columbus facility is fully operational,” said Fred Cannon, CEO.
“The additional capital de-risks KiOR’s near-term business plan, decreases KiOR’s dependency on volatile capital markets and allows additional front-end engineering work on our second facility.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation