MDOT promotes two
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 29,2012
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has appointed Mack Dowell to the position of director of programming. Dowell is a seven-year employee with MDOT and has served the last five years as the assistant director of programming.
Dowell started his MDOT career in professional development in 2004. In 2005, he began working in the Programming Division. He became a certified public manager in 2011.
Dowell is a native of Jackson, who graduated in 2000 from Mississippi College with a bachelor of science degree in business marketing.
He resides in Madison County with his wife, Dianna, and three children, Heath, Logan and Riley.
Wes Dean has been promoted to assistant chief engineer-field operations. Dean started his MDOT career in the Roadway Design Division in 1984. In 1987, he left MDOT to work at Jackson Stone Company, and returned to MDOT in the Traffic Engineering Division in 1995. He became state traffic engineer in 2001, and has served MDOT in that capacity since.
Dean is a native of Sledge, who graduated in 1983 from the University of Mississippi with a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering.
He resides in Madison full time with his wife, May, daughter Sidney, and part time with son, Wesson, who is a sophomore at Ole Miss.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections