MDOT promotes two
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 29,2012
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has appointed Mack Dowell to the position of director of programming. Dowell is a seven-year employee with MDOT and has served the last five years as the assistant director of programming.
Dowell started his MDOT career in professional development in 2004. In 2005, he began working in the Programming Division. He became a certified public manager in 2011.
Dowell is a native of Jackson, who graduated in 2000 from Mississippi College with a bachelor of science degree in business marketing.
He resides in Madison County with his wife, Dianna, and three children, Heath, Logan and Riley.
Wes Dean has been promoted to assistant chief engineer-field operations. Dean started his MDOT career in the Roadway Design Division in 1984. In 1987, he left MDOT to work at Jackson Stone Company, and returned to MDOT in the Traffic Engineering Division in 1995. He became state traffic engineer in 2001, and has served MDOT in that capacity since.
Dean is a native of Sledge, who graduated in 1983 from the University of Mississippi with a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering.
He resides in Madison full time with his wife, May, daughter Sidney, and part time with son, Wesson, who is a sophomore at Ole Miss.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip