MDOT promotes two
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 29,2012
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has appointed Mack Dowell to the position of director of programming. Dowell is a seven-year employee with MDOT and has served the last five years as the assistant director of programming.
Dowell started his MDOT career in professional development in 2004. In 2005, he began working in the Programming Division. He became a certified public manager in 2011.
Dowell is a native of Jackson, who graduated in 2000 from Mississippi College with a bachelor of science degree in business marketing.
He resides in Madison County with his wife, Dianna, and three children, Heath, Logan and Riley.
Wes Dean has been promoted to assistant chief engineer-field operations. Dean started his MDOT career in the Roadway Design Division in 1984. In 1987, he left MDOT to work at Jackson Stone Company, and returned to MDOT in the Traffic Engineering Division in 1995. He became state traffic engineer in 2001, and has served MDOT in that capacity since.
Dean is a native of Sledge, who graduated in 1983 from the University of Mississippi with a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering.
He resides in Madison full time with his wife, May, daughter Sidney, and part time with son, Wesson, who is a sophomore at Ole Miss.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food