Stur pens book
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 29,2012
Dr. Heather Stur, a University of Southern Mississippi history professor, has written a book that contends attitudes about the role of men and women in American society were unmasked in a profound way during the Vietnam War, including their impact in shaping U.S. foreign policy. Stur’s “Beyond Combat: Women and Gender in the Vietnam War Era,” published by Cambridge University Press, shifts the focus away from the battlefields by spotlighting American gender and racial issues of the time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file