Stur pens book
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 29,2012
Dr. Heather Stur, a University of Southern Mississippi history professor, has written a book that contends attitudes about the role of men and women in American society were unmasked in a profound way during the Vietnam War, including their impact in shaping U.S. foreign policy. Stur’s “Beyond Combat: Women and Gender in the Vietnam War Era,” published by Cambridge University Press, shifts the focus away from the battlefields by spotlighting American gender and racial issues of the time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports