Stur pens book
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 29,2012
Dr. Heather Stur, a University of Southern Mississippi history professor, has written a book that contends attitudes about the role of men and women in American society were unmasked in a profound way during the Vietnam War, including their impact in shaping U.S. foreign policy. Stur’s “Beyond Combat: Women and Gender in the Vietnam War Era,” published by Cambridge University Press, shifts the focus away from the battlefields by spotlighting American gender and racial issues of the time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county