Stur pens book
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 29,2012
Dr. Heather Stur, a University of Southern Mississippi history professor, has written a book that contends attitudes about the role of men and women in American society were unmasked in a profound way during the Vietnam War, including their impact in shaping U.S. foreign policy. Stur’s “Beyond Combat: Women and Gender in the Vietnam War Era,” published by Cambridge University Press, shifts the focus away from the battlefields by spotlighting American gender and racial issues of the time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route
- Anderson to turn 22 the day he's sworn into Legislature
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Schools appealing audit; superintendent calls it 'witch hunt'
- Report: MSU fostering economic growth, partnerships
- Bryant wants to give hospitals funds to offset health care reform
- SANDERSON FARMS —From family business to major corporation
- FNC staff preparing for first 'The Forge' hackathon
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges