Walton garners award
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 29,2012
Davis Walton, FACHE, administrator, Singing River Hospital/senior vice president facilities & support, Singing River Health System, Pascagoula, has received the American College of Healthcare Executives Senior-Level Healthcare Executive Regent’s Award for 2011. The Senior-Level Healthcare Executive Regent’s Award recognizes ACHE affiliates, who are experienced in the field and have made significant contributions to the advancement of healthcare management excellence and the achievement of ACHE’s goals.
Walton has served as administrator of Singing River Hospital since 2009. Prior to this, he served as senior associate administrator of Singing River Hospital. At various times during his career, Walton has been actively engaged with the Mississippi Hospital Association, the Healthcare Financial Management Association and a Healthcare Advisory Committee with Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. He has also served in leadership positions in numerous civic and community affairs, including the United Way, Rotary Club, American Heart Association and the March of Dimes.
Walton is board certified in healthcare management as a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives.
Walton received his bachelor of science degree and his MBA from Mississippi State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags