Walton garners award
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 29,2012
Davis Walton, FACHE, administrator, Singing River Hospital/senior vice president facilities & support, Singing River Health System, Pascagoula, has received the American College of Healthcare Executives Senior-Level Healthcare Executive Regent’s Award for 2011. The Senior-Level Healthcare Executive Regent’s Award recognizes ACHE affiliates, who are experienced in the field and have made significant contributions to the advancement of healthcare management excellence and the achievement of ACHE’s goals.
Walton has served as administrator of Singing River Hospital since 2009. Prior to this, he served as senior associate administrator of Singing River Hospital. At various times during his career, Walton has been actively engaged with the Mississippi Hospital Association, the Healthcare Financial Management Association and a Healthcare Advisory Committee with Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. He has also served in leadership positions in numerous civic and community affairs, including the United Way, Rotary Club, American Heart Association and the March of Dimes.
Walton is board certified in healthcare management as a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives.
Walton received his bachelor of science degree and his MBA from Mississippi State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- Mayor wants 'trial run' of hotel/restaurant tax next month
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate