Walton garners award
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 29,2012
Davis Walton, FACHE, administrator, Singing River Hospital/senior vice president facilities & support, Singing River Health System, Pascagoula, has received the American College of Healthcare Executives Senior-Level Healthcare Executive Regent’s Award for 2011. The Senior-Level Healthcare Executive Regent’s Award recognizes ACHE affiliates, who are experienced in the field and have made significant contributions to the advancement of healthcare management excellence and the achievement of ACHE’s goals.
Walton has served as administrator of Singing River Hospital since 2009. Prior to this, he served as senior associate administrator of Singing River Hospital. At various times during his career, Walton has been actively engaged with the Mississippi Hospital Association, the Healthcare Financial Management Association and a Healthcare Advisory Committee with Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. He has also served in leadership positions in numerous civic and community affairs, including the United Way, Rotary Club, American Heart Association and the March of Dimes.
Walton is board certified in healthcare management as a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives.
Walton received his bachelor of science degree and his MBA from Mississippi State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium