Whitney receives award
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 29,2012
Former Alcorn State University men’s basketball coach Davey L. Whitney Sr. has been honored by the Magnolia Bar Association. Whitney was one of the recipients of the Harriet Tubman Awards, the Magnolia Bar’s annual awards for community leadership.
The awards are presented to Mississippians who have distinguished themselves as trailblazers and stalwarts in the fields of business, civil rights, religion and/or politics.
As the head coach at ASU, Whitney had a career record of 509-292 and won 12 Southwestern Athletic Conference championships. He was inducted into the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame in 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Short supplies, high demand boost cattle producer profits
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today