Whitney receives award
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 29,2012
Former Alcorn State University men’s basketball coach Davey L. Whitney Sr. has been honored by the Magnolia Bar Association. Whitney was one of the recipients of the Harriet Tubman Awards, the Magnolia Bar’s annual awards for community leadership.
The awards are presented to Mississippians who have distinguished themselves as trailblazers and stalwarts in the fields of business, civil rights, religion and/or politics.
As the head coach at ASU, Whitney had a career record of 509-292 and won 12 Southwestern Athletic Conference championships. He was inducted into the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame in 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Digital Editions - magazines
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game