Willis resigns as USM VP after only seven months on job
Published: January 29,2012
HATTIESBURG — Russ Willis has resigned as the University of Southern Mississippi’s vice president for administrative affairs after only seven months in the position.
The Hattiesburg American reports Willis was responsible for the financial management of the university, its physical plant and human resources.
Taking over the position will be Chad Driskell, executive assistant to USM president Martha Saunders.
Willis will take another job at the university, transitioning Feb. 1 into the role of assistant director for fundraising initiatives and planned giving at the USM Foundation.
Willis said in a statement that the vice president’s role would be better served by a person who could see a large number of exciting but complex building projects to fruition.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office