Willis resigns as USM VP after only seven months on job
Published: January 29,2012
HATTIESBURG — Russ Willis has resigned as the University of Southern Mississippi’s vice president for administrative affairs after only seven months in the position.
The Hattiesburg American reports Willis was responsible for the financial management of the university, its physical plant and human resources.
Taking over the position will be Chad Driskell, executive assistant to USM president Martha Saunders.
Willis will take another job at the university, transitioning Feb. 1 into the role of assistant director for fundraising initiatives and planned giving at the USM Foundation.
Willis said in a statement that the vice president’s role would be better served by a person who could see a large number of exciting but complex building projects to fruition.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast