Willis resigns as USM VP after only seven months on job
Published: January 29,2012
HATTIESBURG — Russ Willis has resigned as the University of Southern Mississippi’s vice president for administrative affairs after only seven months in the position.
The Hattiesburg American reports Willis was responsible for the financial management of the university, its physical plant and human resources.
Taking over the position will be Chad Driskell, executive assistant to USM president Martha Saunders.
Willis will take another job at the university, transitioning Feb. 1 into the role of assistant director for fundraising initiatives and planned giving at the USM Foundation.
Willis said in a statement that the vice president’s role would be better served by a person who could see a large number of exciting but complex building projects to fruition.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'