Willis resigns as USM VP after only seven months on job
Published: January 29,2012
HATTIESBURG — Russ Willis has resigned as the University of Southern Mississippi’s vice president for administrative affairs after only seven months in the position.
The Hattiesburg American reports Willis was responsible for the financial management of the university, its physical plant and human resources.
Taking over the position will be Chad Driskell, executive assistant to USM president Martha Saunders.
Willis will take another job at the university, transitioning Feb. 1 into the role of assistant director for fundraising initiatives and planned giving at the USM Foundation.
Willis said in a statement that the vice president’s role would be better served by a person who could see a large number of exciting but complex building projects to fruition.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility