Willis resigns as USM VP after only seven months on job
Published: January 29,2012
HATTIESBURG — Russ Willis has resigned as the University of Southern Mississippi’s vice president for administrative affairs after only seven months in the position.
The Hattiesburg American reports Willis was responsible for the financial management of the university, its physical plant and human resources.
Taking over the position will be Chad Driskell, executive assistant to USM president Martha Saunders.
Willis will take another job at the university, transitioning Feb. 1 into the role of assistant director for fundraising initiatives and planned giving at the USM Foundation.
Willis said in a statement that the vice president’s role would be better served by a person who could see a large number of exciting but complex building projects to fruition.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'