Young named VP
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 29,2012
Terry Young has been named vice president of nuclear communications for Entergy Corporation. Formerly director of generation communications for Arizona Public Service Company, Young leads the nuclear communications function for the nation’s second largest nuclear energy fleet from its nuclear headquarters in Jackson.
Communications professionals at Entergy’s nuclear facilities in seven states as well as those at its Mississippi nuclear headquarters and its regional office in White Plains, N.Y., will report to Young.
Young began his nuclear communications career at one of Entergy’s nine nuclear plant sites, Arkansas Nuclear One, in 1984. In 1990, he became section manager and speechwriter to the president of the Institute of Nuclear Power Operations, returning to Entergy in 1994 as nuclear communications manager. Young then expanded his expertise to global nuclear operating excellence in 1997, becoming special assistant to the chairman of the World Association of Nuclear Operators in London before returning to Atlanta as manager and then director of communications at INPO. Since 2007, Young has been responsible for directing all communications activities at the nation’s largest nuclear power plant, the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station, where he was part of a team tasked with a significant performance turnaround of the Arizona plant.
Young earned a bachelor’s degree in communications with an English minor from William Jewell College in Liberty, Mo. He also completed extensive reactor technology coursework at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!