NTS nears approval for new stimulus-funded transit facility
Published: January 31,2012
NATCHEZ — The Natchez Transit Service is in the final stages of approval to build a new transit facility as part of a $3 million stimulus package to upgrade transportation services in Natchez and surrounding areas.
NTS executive director Sabrena Bartley tells The Natchez Democrat she will meet with representatives from the Mississippi Department of Transportation and Federal Transit Administration next week to review plans for the facility, which she said will be the first of its kind in the state.
Bartley says MDOT and FTA will make suggestions for adjustments to the plans, which will then be sent to the FTA for final approval and then to the Natchez Board of Aldermen for approval to begin the bid process for contractors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history