NTS nears approval for new stimulus-funded transit facility
by Associated Press
Published: January 31,2012
NATCHEZ — The Natchez Transit Service is in the final stages of approval to build a new transit facility as part of a $3 million stimulus package to upgrade transportation services in Natchez and surrounding areas.
NTS executive director Sabrena Bartley tells The Natchez Democrat she will meet with representatives from the Mississippi Department of Transportation and Federal Transit Administration next week to review plans for the facility, which she said will be the first of its kind in the state.
Bartley says MDOT and FTA will make suggestions for adjustments to the plans, which will then be sent to the FTA for final approval and then to the Natchez Board of Aldermen for approval to begin the bid process for contractors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy