NTS nears approval for new stimulus-funded transit facility
Published: January 31,2012
NATCHEZ — The Natchez Transit Service is in the final stages of approval to build a new transit facility as part of a $3 million stimulus package to upgrade transportation services in Natchez and surrounding areas.
NTS executive director Sabrena Bartley tells The Natchez Democrat she will meet with representatives from the Mississippi Department of Transportation and Federal Transit Administration next week to review plans for the facility, which she said will be the first of its kind in the state.
Bartley says MDOT and FTA will make suggestions for adjustments to the plans, which will then be sent to the FTA for final approval and then to the Natchez Board of Aldermen for approval to begin the bid process for contractors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal