NTS nears approval for new stimulus-funded transit facility
Published: January 31,2012
NATCHEZ — The Natchez Transit Service is in the final stages of approval to build a new transit facility as part of a $3 million stimulus package to upgrade transportation services in Natchez and surrounding areas.
NTS executive director Sabrena Bartley tells The Natchez Democrat she will meet with representatives from the Mississippi Department of Transportation and Federal Transit Administration next week to review plans for the facility, which she said will be the first of its kind in the state.
Bartley says MDOT and FTA will make suggestions for adjustments to the plans, which will then be sent to the FTA for final approval and then to the Natchez Board of Aldermen for approval to begin the bid process for contractors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Mike Morgan has calmness of mind