Worker dies in accident at VT Halter; OSHA to investigate
by Associated Press
Published: January 31,2012
PASCAGOULA — A 66-year-old Pascagoula man died in an industrial accident at VT Halter Marine.
Jackson County Coroner Vicki Broadus tells The Mississippi Press Lee Thibodeaux died yesterday of blunt force trauma to the upper body.
At about 11 a.m., Pascagoula police responded to the accident at the shipyard. Authorities say the accident involved sandblasting equipment.
Bill Skinner, the company’s chief executive officer, said Thibodeaux was a full-time employee who worked as a sandblast helper.
Skinner said the Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration would investigate the accident.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil