Worker dies in accident at VT Halter; OSHA to investigate
Published: January 31,2012
PASCAGOULA — A 66-year-old Pascagoula man died in an industrial accident at VT Halter Marine.
Jackson County Coroner Vicki Broadus tells The Mississippi Press Lee Thibodeaux died yesterday of blunt force trauma to the upper body.
At about 11 a.m., Pascagoula police responded to the accident at the shipyard. Authorities say the accident involved sandblasting equipment.
Bill Skinner, the company’s chief executive officer, said Thibodeaux was a full-time employee who worked as a sandblast helper.
Skinner said the Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration would investigate the accident.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending