Worker dies in accident at VT Halter; OSHA to investigate
by Associated Press
Published: January 31,2012
PASCAGOULA — A 66-year-old Pascagoula man died in an industrial accident at VT Halter Marine.
Jackson County Coroner Vicki Broadus tells The Mississippi Press Lee Thibodeaux died yesterday of blunt force trauma to the upper body.
At about 11 a.m., Pascagoula police responded to the accident at the shipyard. Authorities say the accident involved sandblasting equipment.
Bill Skinner, the company’s chief executive officer, said Thibodeaux was a full-time employee who worked as a sandblast helper.
Skinner said the Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration would investigate the accident.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'