Worker dies in accident at VT Halter; OSHA to investigate
Published: January 31,2012
PASCAGOULA — A 66-year-old Pascagoula man died in an industrial accident at VT Halter Marine.
Jackson County Coroner Vicki Broadus tells The Mississippi Press Lee Thibodeaux died yesterday of blunt force trauma to the upper body.
At about 11 a.m., Pascagoula police responded to the accident at the shipyard. Authorities say the accident involved sandblasting equipment.
Bill Skinner, the company’s chief executive officer, said Thibodeaux was a full-time employee who worked as a sandblast helper.
Skinner said the Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration would investigate the accident.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Higher rates for Humana, lower for Magnolia ahead on health exchange