Worker dies in accident at VT Halter; OSHA to investigate
Published: January 31,2012
PASCAGOULA — A 66-year-old Pascagoula man died in an industrial accident at VT Halter Marine.
Jackson County Coroner Vicki Broadus tells The Mississippi Press Lee Thibodeaux died yesterday of blunt force trauma to the upper body.
At about 11 a.m., Pascagoula police responded to the accident at the shipyard. Authorities say the accident involved sandblasting equipment.
Bill Skinner, the company’s chief executive officer, said Thibodeaux was a full-time employee who worked as a sandblast helper.
Skinner said the Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration would investigate the accident.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar