Fire destroys cabinet shop; owner says business will reopen
Published: February 1,2012
D’IBERVILLE — The owner of a D’Iberville cabinet shop that was destroyed by fire says the family business will be operating again soon.
Bobby Grimes Jr., made the vow yesterday after the fire destroyed the Grimes Cabinets & Tops building.
The Grimes family already has a building ready to house the business. They built it in 2005 after their original building flooded in Hurricane Katrina. They didn’t move in right away because of high costs and the slow economy.
Now, they have a new home ready and waiting for their business.
Fire Chief Gerald Smith said the old building was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived early Tuesday. There were no injuries. The cause of the blaze was under investigation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Fire destroys cabinet shop; owner says business will reopen”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium