Fire destroys cabinet shop; owner says business will reopen
Published: February 1,2012
D’IBERVILLE — The owner of a D’Iberville cabinet shop that was destroyed by fire says the family business will be operating again soon.
Bobby Grimes Jr., made the vow yesterday after the fire destroyed the Grimes Cabinets & Tops building.
The Grimes family already has a building ready to house the business. They built it in 2005 after their original building flooded in Hurricane Katrina. They didn’t move in right away because of high costs and the slow economy.
Now, they have a new home ready and waiting for their business.
Fire Chief Gerald Smith said the old building was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived early Tuesday. There were no injuries. The cause of the blaze was under investigation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Fire destroys cabinet shop; owner says business will reopen”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference