Fire destroys cabinet shop; owner says business will reopen
by Associated Press
Published: February 1,2012
D’IBERVILLE — The owner of a D’Iberville cabinet shop that was destroyed by fire says the family business will be operating again soon.
Bobby Grimes Jr., made the vow yesterday after the fire destroyed the Grimes Cabinets & Tops building.
The Grimes family already has a building ready to house the business. They built it in 2005 after their original building flooded in Hurricane Katrina. They didn’t move in right away because of high costs and the slow economy.
Now, they have a new home ready and waiting for their business.
Fire Chief Gerald Smith said the old building was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived early Tuesday. There were no injuries. The cause of the blaze was under investigation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Fire destroys cabinet shop; owner says business will reopen”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom