Fire destroys cabinet shop; owner says business will reopen
Published: February 1,2012
D’IBERVILLE — The owner of a D’Iberville cabinet shop that was destroyed by fire says the family business will be operating again soon.
Bobby Grimes Jr., made the vow yesterday after the fire destroyed the Grimes Cabinets & Tops building.
The Grimes family already has a building ready to house the business. They built it in 2005 after their original building flooded in Hurricane Katrina. They didn’t move in right away because of high costs and the slow economy.
Now, they have a new home ready and waiting for their business.
Fire Chief Gerald Smith said the old building was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived early Tuesday. There were no injuries. The cause of the blaze was under investigation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Fire destroys cabinet shop; owner says business will reopen”
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years