Fire destroys cabinet shop; owner says business will reopen
Published: February 1,2012
D’IBERVILLE — The owner of a D’Iberville cabinet shop that was destroyed by fire says the family business will be operating again soon.
Bobby Grimes Jr., made the vow yesterday after the fire destroyed the Grimes Cabinets & Tops building.
The Grimes family already has a building ready to house the business. They built it in 2005 after their original building flooded in Hurricane Katrina. They didn’t move in right away because of high costs and the slow economy.
Now, they have a new home ready and waiting for their business.
Fire Chief Gerald Smith said the old building was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived early Tuesday. There were no injuries. The cause of the blaze was under investigation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Fire destroys cabinet shop; owner says business will reopen”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP