Lt. Gov. Reeves unveils legislative agenda
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 1,2012
JACKSON — Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves today unveiled a legislative agenda that focused on fiscal management, education reform and strengthening laws that protect Mississippi’s children.
“Through eliminating government waste, responsible spending and new, innovative approaches to education and protecting our families, Mississippi will be prepared to emerge from this national economic slowdown even stronger than before,” Reeves said.
Highlights of Reeves’ agenda include:
• Improve education efforts by passing a charter school law giving parents a choice in their child’s education and combining school districts under conservatorship in Sunflower County
• Shrinking the state’s credit card by issuing less debt and requiring bond repayments to be applied to debt service
• Allow state agencies to share services and reform purchasing practices for more efficient buying power
• Approving a child protection laws that better protects children from sexual and/or physical abuse and tightens abortion regulations
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast