MDOT: Oxford-area road projects still on, but moving slowly
Published: February 1,2012
Tags: agreement, avenues, boulevards, bridges, construction, contractors, county government, highways, infrastructure, municipal government, project, road builders, road building, roads, state government, streets
LAFAYETTE COUNTY — State transportation officials say road projects in the Oxford area are still on the drawing board — they are just being drawn very slowly.
Last year, the Mississippi Department of Transportation presented the city and Lafayette County a proposal that lumped a new Highway 6 intersection with two other projects.
The Oxford Eagle reports no agreement was reached on the projects.
MDOT District 2 Manager Richard Allen says the Highway 6 project is not dead. He says studies continue and alternatives are being discussed.
Allen could not say how long that process will take.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge