MDOT: Oxford-area road projects still on, but moving slowly
by Associated Press
Published: February 1,2012
Tags: agreement, avenues, boulevards, bridges, construction, contractors, county government, highways, infrastructure, municipal government, project, road builders, road building, roads, state government, streets
LAFAYETTE COUNTY — State transportation officials say road projects in the Oxford area are still on the drawing board — they are just being drawn very slowly.
Last year, the Mississippi Department of Transportation presented the city and Lafayette County a proposal that lumped a new Highway 6 intersection with two other projects.
The Oxford Eagle reports no agreement was reached on the projects.
MDOT District 2 Manager Richard Allen says the Highway 6 project is not dead. He says studies continue and alternatives are being discussed.
Allen could not say how long that process will take.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute