MDOT: Oxford-area road projects still on, but moving slowly
Published: February 1,2012
Tags: agreement, avenues, boulevards, bridges, construction, contractors, county government, highways, infrastructure, municipal government, project, road builders, road building, roads, state government, streets
LAFAYETTE COUNTY — State transportation officials say road projects in the Oxford area are still on the drawing board — they are just being drawn very slowly.
Last year, the Mississippi Department of Transportation presented the city and Lafayette County a proposal that lumped a new Highway 6 intersection with two other projects.
The Oxford Eagle reports no agreement was reached on the projects.
MDOT District 2 Manager Richard Allen says the Highway 6 project is not dead. He says studies continue and alternatives are being discussed.
Allen could not say how long that process will take.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case