MDOT: Oxford-area road projects still on, but moving slowly
by Associated Press
Published: February 1,2012
Tags: agreement, avenues, boulevards, bridges, construction, contractors, county government, highways, infrastructure, municipal government, project, road builders, road building, roads, state government, streets
LAFAYETTE COUNTY — State transportation officials say road projects in the Oxford area are still on the drawing board — they are just being drawn very slowly.
Last year, the Mississippi Department of Transportation presented the city and Lafayette County a proposal that lumped a new Highway 6 intersection with two other projects.
The Oxford Eagle reports no agreement was reached on the projects.
MDOT District 2 Manager Richard Allen says the Highway 6 project is not dead. He says studies continue and alternatives are being discussed.
Allen could not say how long that process will take.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- Officials hoping quail numbers will rebound