MDOT: Oxford-area road projects still on, but moving slowly
Published: February 1,2012
Tags: agreement, avenues, boulevards, bridges, construction, contractors, county government, highways, infrastructure, municipal government, project, road builders, road building, roads, state government, streets
LAFAYETTE COUNTY — State transportation officials say road projects in the Oxford area are still on the drawing board — they are just being drawn very slowly.
Last year, the Mississippi Department of Transportation presented the city and Lafayette County a proposal that lumped a new Highway 6 intersection with two other projects.
The Oxford Eagle reports no agreement was reached on the projects.
MDOT District 2 Manager Richard Allen says the Highway 6 project is not dead. He says studies continue and alternatives are being discussed.
Allen could not say how long that process will take.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center