Cell tower plan dropped by AT&T
Published: February 3,2012
HERNANDO — Plans for a controversial AT&T cell tower south of Hernando have been dropped.
AT&T, facing static from neighbors fearing harm to health and safety and from history buffs noting a nearby Civil War clash in 1863, has retreated.
The site of the proposed tower was off Robertson Gin Road south of Hernando.
DeSoto County Interim Planning Director Gina Tynan says AT&T submitted a letter last week formally withdrawing their application.
Her office notified landowner Mike Charnes, who had filed an appeal with the supervisors to overturn the county Board of Adjustment’s Oct. 10 approval of the tower on adjacent agricultural property.
She said if AT&T resubmits an application for another site, the review process starts all over again.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state