Expansion under way at Corinth football field
Published: February 3,2012
CORINTH — Crews have started work on expansions on both sides of the Corinth High School football field.
“We need to do this because we’re having an increased number coming out for high school football and are seeing growth in our middle school program — which should translate into greater numbers at high school,” Dr. Lee Childress, superintendent of the Corinth School District, told The Daily Corinthian.
On the home side of the field, the current facility with get added dressing rooms, a new 4,000 square-foot weight room, additional restroom space for players and other facilities. The previous weight room will be converted into a dressing room for the home team.
A new building behind the visitor’s side of the field will include a dressing room for the visiting football teams and facilities for the soccer, track and tennis teams. The visitor’s side building will also include male and female dressing rooms that can be used for those teams.
The 2,800 square-foot new building will include a concessions area and storage space for all the school’s athletic teams.
The estimated completion time for the whole project is early summer.
The school district contracted Worsham Brothers for the project at a base bid for $839,000. Childress said he believes the final cost will be a little less.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma