Expansion under way at Corinth football field
Published: February 3,2012
CORINTH — Crews have started work on expansions on both sides of the Corinth High School football field.
“We need to do this because we’re having an increased number coming out for high school football and are seeing growth in our middle school program — which should translate into greater numbers at high school,” Dr. Lee Childress, superintendent of the Corinth School District, told The Daily Corinthian.
On the home side of the field, the current facility with get added dressing rooms, a new 4,000 square-foot weight room, additional restroom space for players and other facilities. The previous weight room will be converted into a dressing room for the home team.
A new building behind the visitor’s side of the field will include a dressing room for the visiting football teams and facilities for the soccer, track and tennis teams. The visitor’s side building will also include male and female dressing rooms that can be used for those teams.
The 2,800 square-foot new building will include a concessions area and storage space for all the school’s athletic teams.
The estimated completion time for the whole project is early summer.
The school district contracted Worsham Brothers for the project at a base bid for $839,000. Childress said he believes the final cost will be a little less.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62