Expansion under way at Corinth football field
Published: February 3,2012
CORINTH — Crews have started work on expansions on both sides of the Corinth High School football field.
“We need to do this because we’re having an increased number coming out for high school football and are seeing growth in our middle school program — which should translate into greater numbers at high school,” Dr. Lee Childress, superintendent of the Corinth School District, told The Daily Corinthian.
On the home side of the field, the current facility with get added dressing rooms, a new 4,000 square-foot weight room, additional restroom space for players and other facilities. The previous weight room will be converted into a dressing room for the home team.
A new building behind the visitor’s side of the field will include a dressing room for the visiting football teams and facilities for the soccer, track and tennis teams. The visitor’s side building will also include male and female dressing rooms that can be used for those teams.
The 2,800 square-foot new building will include a concessions area and storage space for all the school’s athletic teams.
The estimated completion time for the whole project is early summer.
The school district contracted Worsham Brothers for the project at a base bid for $839,000. Childress said he believes the final cost will be a little less.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment