Expansion under way at Corinth football field
Published: February 3,2012
CORINTH — Crews have started work on expansions on both sides of the Corinth High School football field.
“We need to do this because we’re having an increased number coming out for high school football and are seeing growth in our middle school program — which should translate into greater numbers at high school,” Dr. Lee Childress, superintendent of the Corinth School District, told The Daily Corinthian.
On the home side of the field, the current facility with get added dressing rooms, a new 4,000 square-foot weight room, additional restroom space for players and other facilities. The previous weight room will be converted into a dressing room for the home team.
A new building behind the visitor’s side of the field will include a dressing room for the visiting football teams and facilities for the soccer, track and tennis teams. The visitor’s side building will also include male and female dressing rooms that can be used for those teams.
The 2,800 square-foot new building will include a concessions area and storage space for all the school’s athletic teams.
The estimated completion time for the whole project is early summer.
The school district contracted Worsham Brothers for the project at a base bid for $839,000. Childress said he believes the final cost will be a little less.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)