Mississippi included in Michael Foods egg recall list
Published: February 3,2012
Tags: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Columbia Valley Farms, Florida, Georgia, GFS, Glenview Farms, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michael Foods, Michigan, Minnesota, Minnetonka, Mississippi, Mississippi Business Journal, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Papetti's, Pennsylvania, Silverbrook, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Utah, Wakefield, Washington, Wholesome Farms, Wisconsin
Michael Foods, of Minnetonka, is recalling eggs in brine sold in 10- and 25-pound pails for institutional use in 34 states. The eggs carry six brand names: Columbia Valley Farms, GFS, Glenview Farms, Papetti’s, Silverbrook and Wholesome Farms.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration says the eggs were produced at Michael Foods’ plant in Wakefield, Neb., and were bought by food distributors and manufacturers. There have been no reports of illness connected to the eggs. But, the company says the eggs have the potential to be contaminated with a strain of listeria that can cause serious infections in those with weaker immune systems.
The list includes Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Jersey, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin and West Virginia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags