Southaven Mayor Greg Davis to attend its council meeting
Published: February 3,2012
SOUTHAVEN — Embattled Southaven Mayor Greg Davis is to preside over his first city council meeting Tuesday since returning from treatment at an unnamed medical facility.
Police Chief Tom Long says that interest in the meeting is running high among local residents.
In November, state Auditor Stacey Pickering told Davis to repay the city about $170,000 for allegedly improper billings, including travel, stress counseling and food and liquor. He has repaid part of the money.
Davis, in his first public appearance as mayor since returning to work after a 30-day leave for treatment at an undisclosed location, announced earlier this week that he would not resign despite a call from aldermen to do so. He did not answer any other questions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics