Employees attend conference
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 5,2012
Alcorn State University employees Dr. Girish Panicker, director of the Center for Conservation Research, and Ashwani Srivastava, chief extension associate, ASU Extension Program (ASUEP), represented the university and shared its global extension and research vision during the International Conference on “Innovative Approaches for Agricultural Knowledge Management, Global Extension Experiences” organized by International Society of Extension Education (INSEE) and Indian Council of Agricultural Research held recently in New Delhi, India.
Invited by the International Society of Extension Education and the Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Panicker presented a technology transfer paper on “C-factor research for erosion prediction, nutrient management, and conservation planning.” Panicker was one of the six panelists of the “Concurrent Agrarian Issues and Agricultural Management” session. His presentation stressed the importance of applying C-factor research technology in conserving soil and avoiding groundwater pollution from nitrogenous fertilizers.
Srivastava presented current ICT trends in the U.S. and briefly demonstrated an interactive web-based accountability system, designed and developed by ASU Extension Program. The interactive features of the application were highly appreciated by the attendees. As co-chairperson of the session, he advised the participants to put a major thrust on online content validity and provide training to the users.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training