Triad recognizes Jones
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 5,2012
Usa Jones, the 81st Medical Group’s volunteer services coordinator, was recently awarded the John Caranna Community Service Award by the Harrison County Triad in Gulfport. The triad consists of the Harrison County Sheriff’s Department, county police departments and area seniors working together to address criminal issues that affect older citizens.
Jones coordinates the work of the hospital’s 62 volunteers and works three to four times a week herself. She works the main information desk and assists in the women’s health clinic. She trained 15 volunteers on dispensing and filing procedures for the pharmacy.
She coordinates two fundraisers annually to support the hospital’s annual volunteer services awards luncheon, and Christmas party and purchase plaques, certificates and gifts for the volunteers.
During the holiday season, Jones invites active-duty military and retired personnel who are unable to be with their families into her home to share a holiday meal. She also volunteers with the Kiwanis Club of Gulfport, the Krewe of Gemini of Gulfport, the Mississippi City United Methodist Church and the Retired Senior Volunteer Program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion