Triad recognizes Jones
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 5,2012
Usa Jones, the 81st Medical Group’s volunteer services coordinator, was recently awarded the John Caranna Community Service Award by the Harrison County Triad in Gulfport. The triad consists of the Harrison County Sheriff’s Department, county police departments and area seniors working together to address criminal issues that affect older citizens.
Jones coordinates the work of the hospital’s 62 volunteers and works three to four times a week herself. She works the main information desk and assists in the women’s health clinic. She trained 15 volunteers on dispensing and filing procedures for the pharmacy.
She coordinates two fundraisers annually to support the hospital’s annual volunteer services awards luncheon, and Christmas party and purchase plaques, certificates and gifts for the volunteers.
During the holiday season, Jones invites active-duty military and retired personnel who are unable to be with their families into her home to share a holiday meal. She also volunteers with the Kiwanis Club of Gulfport, the Krewe of Gemini of Gulfport, the Mississippi City United Methodist Church and the Retired Senior Volunteer Program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex