Triad recognizes Jones
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 5,2012
Usa Jones, the 81st Medical Group’s volunteer services coordinator, was recently awarded the John Caranna Community Service Award by the Harrison County Triad in Gulfport. The triad consists of the Harrison County Sheriff’s Department, county police departments and area seniors working together to address criminal issues that affect older citizens.
Jones coordinates the work of the hospital’s 62 volunteers and works three to four times a week herself. She works the main information desk and assists in the women’s health clinic. She trained 15 volunteers on dispensing and filing procedures for the pharmacy.
She coordinates two fundraisers annually to support the hospital’s annual volunteer services awards luncheon, and Christmas party and purchase plaques, certificates and gifts for the volunteers.
During the holiday season, Jones invites active-duty military and retired personnel who are unable to be with their families into her home to share a holiday meal. She also volunteers with the Kiwanis Club of Gulfport, the Krewe of Gemini of Gulfport, the Mississippi City United Methodist Church and the Retired Senior Volunteer Program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three