Triad recognizes Jones
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 5,2012
Usa Jones, the 81st Medical Group’s volunteer services coordinator, was recently awarded the John Caranna Community Service Award by the Harrison County Triad in Gulfport. The triad consists of the Harrison County Sheriff’s Department, county police departments and area seniors working together to address criminal issues that affect older citizens.
Jones coordinates the work of the hospital’s 62 volunteers and works three to four times a week herself. She works the main information desk and assists in the women’s health clinic. She trained 15 volunteers on dispensing and filing procedures for the pharmacy.
She coordinates two fundraisers annually to support the hospital’s annual volunteer services awards luncheon, and Christmas party and purchase plaques, certificates and gifts for the volunteers.
During the holiday season, Jones invites active-duty military and retired personnel who are unable to be with their families into her home to share a holiday meal. She also volunteers with the Kiwanis Club of Gulfport, the Krewe of Gemini of Gulfport, the Mississippi City United Methodist Church and the Retired Senior Volunteer Program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Friday at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015