Wilson earns recognition
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 5,2012
Rankin County native Jonathan Wilson, director of emergency services at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, is one of three nurse leaders nationally to earn distinguished recognition from the Emergency Nurses Association. To qualify for the award, nominees must make significant contributions to their emergency departments in various areas, such as quality patient care, education, community service and operational effectiveness. The award also recognizes and celebrates nurses and physicians with exemplary emergency care collaborative behavior.
Wilson will join the other award winners when they are honored at the ENA State & Chapter Leaders Conference in New Orleans Feb. 23.
A Mississippi native, Wilson, 35, currently lives in Jackson. He graduated from the UMMC School of Nursing in 1999 and recently finished his master’s degree in nursing in 2011 at the Medical Center. He was a charge nurse, shift supervisor and interim nurse manager before becoming the director of emergency services.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband