Wilson earns recognition
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 5,2012
Rankin County native Jonathan Wilson, director of emergency services at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, is one of three nurse leaders nationally to earn distinguished recognition from the Emergency Nurses Association. To qualify for the award, nominees must make significant contributions to their emergency departments in various areas, such as quality patient care, education, community service and operational effectiveness. The award also recognizes and celebrates nurses and physicians with exemplary emergency care collaborative behavior.
Wilson will join the other award winners when they are honored at the ENA State & Chapter Leaders Conference in New Orleans Feb. 23.
A Mississippi native, Wilson, 35, currently lives in Jackson. He graduated from the UMMC School of Nursing in 1999 and recently finished his master’s degree in nursing in 2011 at the Medical Center. He was a charge nurse, shift supervisor and interim nurse manager before becoming the director of emergency services.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years