Wilson earns recognition
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 5,2012
Rankin County native Jonathan Wilson, director of emergency services at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, is one of three nurse leaders nationally to earn distinguished recognition from the Emergency Nurses Association. To qualify for the award, nominees must make significant contributions to their emergency departments in various areas, such as quality patient care, education, community service and operational effectiveness. The award also recognizes and celebrates nurses and physicians with exemplary emergency care collaborative behavior.
Wilson will join the other award winners when they are honored at the ENA State & Chapter Leaders Conference in New Orleans Feb. 23.
A Mississippi native, Wilson, 35, currently lives in Jackson. He graduated from the UMMC School of Nursing in 1999 and recently finished his master’s degree in nursing in 2011 at the Medical Center. He was a charge nurse, shift supervisor and interim nurse manager before becoming the director of emergency services.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- (VIDEO) DON GLIDEWELL — The threat of cyber crime to businesses is real
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur