Wilson earns recognition
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 5,2012
Rankin County native Jonathan Wilson, director of emergency services at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, is one of three nurse leaders nationally to earn distinguished recognition from the Emergency Nurses Association. To qualify for the award, nominees must make significant contributions to their emergency departments in various areas, such as quality patient care, education, community service and operational effectiveness. The award also recognizes and celebrates nurses and physicians with exemplary emergency care collaborative behavior.
Wilson will join the other award winners when they are honored at the ENA State & Chapter Leaders Conference in New Orleans Feb. 23.
A Mississippi native, Wilson, 35, currently lives in Jackson. He graduated from the UMMC School of Nursing in 1999 and recently finished his master’s degree in nursing in 2011 at the Medical Center. He was a charge nurse, shift supervisor and interim nurse manager before becoming the director of emergency services.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Community Bank names new officers
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams