Toyota starts second shift making the Corolla in Blue Springs
Published: February 6,2012
The second shift began Monday as Toyota ramps up production at the plant that opened last fall.
The plant is manufacturing the Corolla and has a maximum production capacity of 150,000 cars each year. It has about 2,000 employees.
David Copenhaver, vice president of administration at TMMMS, says in a statement that the start of a second shift is a significant milestone for the plant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Toyota starts second shift making the Corolla in Blue Springs”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter