Winn-Dixie shareholders to vote on proposed BI-LO deal
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 6,2012
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Winn-Dixie Stores Inc. will hold a special meeting of shareholders at Winn-Dixie’s headquarters in Jacksonville, Fla., March 9.
The purpose of the meeting will be to, among other things, consider and vote on a proposal to approve the previously announced agreement and plan of merger, dated as of Dec. 16, 2011, pursuant to which Winn-Dixie will merge with a subsidiary of BI-LO, LLC.
Jan. 27 has been fixed as the record date for determination of the Winn-Dixie shareholders entitled to notice of, and to vote at, the special meeting.
Winn-Dixie currently operates approximately 480 retail grocery locations in Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia and Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry