Winn-Dixie shareholders to vote on proposed BI-LO deal
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 6,2012
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Winn-Dixie Stores Inc. will hold a special meeting of shareholders at Winn-Dixie’s headquarters in Jacksonville, Fla., March 9.
The purpose of the meeting will be to, among other things, consider and vote on a proposal to approve the previously announced agreement and plan of merger, dated as of Dec. 16, 2011, pursuant to which Winn-Dixie will merge with a subsidiary of BI-LO, LLC.
Jan. 27 has been fixed as the record date for determination of the Winn-Dixie shareholders entitled to notice of, and to vote at, the special meeting.
Winn-Dixie currently operates approximately 480 retail grocery locations in Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia and Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency