Winn-Dixie shareholders to vote on proposed BI-LO deal
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 6,2012
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Winn-Dixie Stores Inc. will hold a special meeting of shareholders at Winn-Dixie’s headquarters in Jacksonville, Fla., March 9.
The purpose of the meeting will be to, among other things, consider and vote on a proposal to approve the previously announced agreement and plan of merger, dated as of Dec. 16, 2011, pursuant to which Winn-Dixie will merge with a subsidiary of BI-LO, LLC.
Jan. 27 has been fixed as the record date for determination of the Winn-Dixie shareholders entitled to notice of, and to vote at, the special meeting.
Winn-Dixie currently operates approximately 480 retail grocery locations in Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia and Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs