Winn-Dixie shareholders to vote on proposed BI-LO deal
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 6,2012
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Winn-Dixie Stores Inc. will hold a special meeting of shareholders at Winn-Dixie’s headquarters in Jacksonville, Fla., March 9.
The purpose of the meeting will be to, among other things, consider and vote on a proposal to approve the previously announced agreement and plan of merger, dated as of Dec. 16, 2011, pursuant to which Winn-Dixie will merge with a subsidiary of BI-LO, LLC.
Jan. 27 has been fixed as the record date for determination of the Winn-Dixie shareholders entitled to notice of, and to vote at, the special meeting.
Winn-Dixie currently operates approximately 480 retail grocery locations in Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia and Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions