Winn-Dixie shareholders to vote on proposed BI-LO deal
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 6,2012
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Winn-Dixie Stores Inc. will hold a special meeting of shareholders at Winn-Dixie’s headquarters in Jacksonville, Fla., March 9.
The purpose of the meeting will be to, among other things, consider and vote on a proposal to approve the previously announced agreement and plan of merger, dated as of Dec. 16, 2011, pursuant to which Winn-Dixie will merge with a subsidiary of BI-LO, LLC.
Jan. 27 has been fixed as the record date for determination of the Winn-Dixie shareholders entitled to notice of, and to vote at, the special meeting.
Winn-Dixie currently operates approximately 480 retail grocery locations in Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia and Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training