Bomgar rolls out solution for Remedyforce platform
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 10,2012
JACKSON — Bomgar has introduced a new integration with the BMC Remedyforce Service Desk solution, BMC’s cloud-based IT service management solution (ITSM) built on Salesforce.com. According to Bomgar, it is the market’s first remote support integration for the Remedyforce platform.
The Bomgar solution allows support technicians to launch a remote support session directly from the BMC Remedyforce Service Desk solution incident, including the ability to control the end user’s system, run diagnostic/automation scripts and chat with the end user throughout the session. Using Bomgar, support technicians can access and control nearly any device in any location, including desktops, laptops, servers, kiosks and smartphones and tablets. Should the support technician need help from other team members or subject matter experts, Bomgar also enables them to invite additional representatives into the session to collaborate on the problem and speed resolution time.
Once a support session is complete, the new Bomgar integration automatically updates the BMC Remedyforce Service Desk solution incident with details from the support session, giving IT support organizations a more comprehensive and consolidated view of their services. The incident also contains a link to a secure video of the Bomgar remote support session, which can be useful for auditing and quality control purposes.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three