Bomgar rolls out solution for Remedyforce platform
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 10,2012
JACKSON — Bomgar has introduced a new integration with the BMC Remedyforce Service Desk solution, BMC’s cloud-based IT service management solution (ITSM) built on Salesforce.com. According to Bomgar, it is the market’s first remote support integration for the Remedyforce platform.
The Bomgar solution allows support technicians to launch a remote support session directly from the BMC Remedyforce Service Desk solution incident, including the ability to control the end user’s system, run diagnostic/automation scripts and chat with the end user throughout the session. Using Bomgar, support technicians can access and control nearly any device in any location, including desktops, laptops, servers, kiosks and smartphones and tablets. Should the support technician need help from other team members or subject matter experts, Bomgar also enables them to invite additional representatives into the session to collaborate on the problem and speed resolution time.
Once a support session is complete, the new Bomgar integration automatically updates the BMC Remedyforce Service Desk solution incident with details from the support session, giving IT support organizations a more comprehensive and consolidated view of their services. The incident also contains a link to a secure video of the Bomgar remote support session, which can be useful for auditing and quality control purposes.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics