Some CenterPoint Energy customers to see reduced gas bills
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 10,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — CenterPoint Energy is decreasing the purchased gas adjustment (PGA) portion of Mississippi customers’ natural gas bills beginning this month.
The adjustment will lower a Mississippi residential winter gas bill using 100 Ccf (hundred cubic feet) of natural gas by 19 percent. This means a bill that was $79.36 in January will be $64.29 this month. Actual bills will vary depending on how much natural gas individual customers use.
Through the PGA, an allowed adjustment to the gas supply charge portion of a customer bill, CenterPoint passes on the cost of natural gas with no markup. The PGA reflects the actual prices the company pays for natural gas.
“The price we pay to purchase natural gas has continued to drop in the last several months,” said Bruce Coogler, vice president of Gas Supply for CenterPoint Energy. “We are happy to be passing along savings to our customers since gas usage is typically higher at this time of year due to heating needs.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option