Some CenterPoint Energy customers to see reduced gas bills
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 10,2012
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — CenterPoint Energy is decreasing the purchased gas adjustment (PGA) portion of Mississippi customers’ natural gas bills beginning this month.
The adjustment will lower a Mississippi residential winter gas bill using 100 Ccf (hundred cubic feet) of natural gas by 19 percent. This means a bill that was $79.36 in January will be $64.29 this month. Actual bills will vary depending on how much natural gas individual customers use.
Through the PGA, an allowed adjustment to the gas supply charge portion of a customer bill, CenterPoint passes on the cost of natural gas with no markup. The PGA reflects the actual prices the company pays for natural gas.
“The price we pay to purchase natural gas has continued to drop in the last several months,” said Bruce Coogler, vice president of Gas Supply for CenterPoint Energy. “We are happy to be passing along savings to our customers since gas usage is typically higher at this time of year due to heating needs.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software