Entergy recognizes Stedman
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 12,2012
Sue Stedman, chairman of Natchez Inc. and vice president and sales manager for Crye-Leike Stedman Realtors, is a 2011 recipient of Entergy Mississippi Inc. Teamwork Mississippi Community Leadership Award. A major driving force in Natchez and Adams County for many years, Stedman has supported economic development as a city alderman and business owner. In addition, she gives generously of her time as a community advocate, having served on committees and boards for numerous organizations.
Stedman served as vice-chairman of Natchez/Adams County Economic Development Authority in 1993. She also served as Ward 3 alderman from 1996 through 2004.
Stedman provided instrumental leadership in bringing key stakeholders together and developing structure in the public/private partnership between Natchez Now and Natchez Inc. She provided the leadership needed to get local acceptance of a new, more aggressive approach to economic development. Stedman worked together with others in the community to hire a full-time economic development professional.
Chandler Russ, executive director of Natchez Inc. called Stedman’s leadership, time, effort and knowledge “remarkable.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Aldermen review adult business ordinance, call public hearing
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn