Entergy recognizes Stedman
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 12,2012
Sue Stedman, chairman of Natchez Inc. and vice president and sales manager for Crye-Leike Stedman Realtors, is a 2011 recipient of Entergy Mississippi Inc. Teamwork Mississippi Community Leadership Award. A major driving force in Natchez and Adams County for many years, Stedman has supported economic development as a city alderman and business owner. In addition, she gives generously of her time as a community advocate, having served on committees and boards for numerous organizations.
Stedman served as vice-chairman of Natchez/Adams County Economic Development Authority in 1993. She also served as Ward 3 alderman from 1996 through 2004.
Stedman provided instrumental leadership in bringing key stakeholders together and developing structure in the public/private partnership between Natchez Now and Natchez Inc. She provided the leadership needed to get local acceptance of a new, more aggressive approach to economic development. Stedman worked together with others in the community to hire a full-time economic development professional.
Chandler Russ, executive director of Natchez Inc. called Stedman’s leadership, time, effort and knowledge “remarkable.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary