Entergy recognizes Stedman
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 12,2012
Sue Stedman, chairman of Natchez Inc. and vice president and sales manager for Crye-Leike Stedman Realtors, is a 2011 recipient of Entergy Mississippi Inc. Teamwork Mississippi Community Leadership Award. A major driving force in Natchez and Adams County for many years, Stedman has supported economic development as a city alderman and business owner. In addition, she gives generously of her time as a community advocate, having served on committees and boards for numerous organizations.
Stedman served as vice-chairman of Natchez/Adams County Economic Development Authority in 1993. She also served as Ward 3 alderman from 1996 through 2004.
Stedman provided instrumental leadership in bringing key stakeholders together and developing structure in the public/private partnership between Natchez Now and Natchez Inc. She provided the leadership needed to get local acceptance of a new, more aggressive approach to economic development. Stedman worked together with others in the community to hire a full-time economic development professional.
Chandler Russ, executive director of Natchez Inc. called Stedman’s leadership, time, effort and knowledge “remarkable.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal