USM professors published
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 12,2012
Dr. Frances A. Karnes, distinguished professor of curriculum, instruction and special education and director of The Frances A. Karnes Center for Gifted Studies at the University of Southern Mississippi, and Dr. Kristen R. Stephens, assistant professor of education and licensure officer at Duke University, have co-authored another book on girls titled “Sports and Athletics: A Girls’ and Young Women’s Guide for Success.”
The purpose of the book is to provide information on girls and young women who have triumphed in athletics. It includes a history of successful female athletes, a variety of journaling exercises, and a listing of informational organizations, books and websites. Royal Fireworks Press is the publisher.
Dr. Philip C. Kolin, University Distinguished Professor of English in the College of Arts and Letters at USM, recently had the 10th edition of his widely used “Successful Writing at Work” published through Cengage/Wadsworth.
For more than three decades Kolin’s “Successful Writing at Work” has been one of the leading texts in the field. Containing about 150 pages of new material, the current edition is the most heavily revised and expanded edition to date. The 10th edition offers new and expanded coverage of ethics and professional writing, collaborative writing and editing, designing print and web documents, writing for international readers, preparing proposals and reports and incorporating the latest communication technologies such as track editing and Skype.
An international authority on the plays of Tennessee Williams and general editor of the Routledge Shakespeare Criticism series, Kolin was one of the first instructors to teach English 333 Technical Writing when the course was first offered at Southern Miss in 1975.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey