Willis moves to foundation
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 12,2012
Russ Willis has transitioned from the position of vice president for administrative affairs at The University of Southern Mississippi to a role with the University Foundation. Chad Driskell, executive assistant to the president for external affairs, will replace him on an interim basis, while Willis will join the staff of the USM Foundation as assistant director for fundraising initiatives and planned giving.
Willis was appointed as interim vice president in August 2010, and began the position on a permanent basis July 1, 2011. His duties include the overall financial management of the university, its physical plant and human resources.
USM president Dr. Martha Saunders said the university would conduct an expedited national search for a permanent replacement for Willis in the vice president’s role.
Willis is a 1989 Southern Miss graduate with a degree in political science. He also holds a juris doctorate from the University of Florida Levin College of Law.
Willis joined the Southern Miss staff in 1992 and worked in student affairs before moving to human resources as associate director in 1997. He served as director of human resources for eight years.
In his new role with the USM Foundation, Willis will be responsible for managing the multiple fundraising initiatives of the organization including those for new College of Business and School of Nursing buildings as well as for endowments. He will also serve as the foundation’s planned giving officer, working with alumni and friends of the University to establish estate and deferred gifts for the benefit of Southern Miss faculty, staff and students.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law