Bids to open on new $19M hospital project
Published: February 13,2012
NESHOBA COUNTY — Bids will be opened March 8 for construction of a new $19 million in Neshoba County.
The new hospital is expected to be completed in spring of 2013.
The Neshoba Democrat reports bids will be accepted for 22 separate packages, ranging from concrete and masonry to mechanical and electrical.
Tyler Construction Group is completing the $120,000 site work for the new hospital.
The new hospital will be funded with $14.7 million in cash reserves and a $4 million loan from the Mississippi Development Authority.
The county also plans in the future the renovate the current 50-year-old hospital, which would house obstetrics and gynecology offices, labor and delivery rooms and a nursery.
Funding has not been secured for that project, which is expected to cost about $7 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again