Bids to open on new $19M hospital project
Published: February 13,2012
NESHOBA COUNTY — Bids will be opened March 8 for construction of a new $19 million in Neshoba County.
The new hospital is expected to be completed in spring of 2013.
The Neshoba Democrat reports bids will be accepted for 22 separate packages, ranging from concrete and masonry to mechanical and electrical.
Tyler Construction Group is completing the $120,000 site work for the new hospital.
The new hospital will be funded with $14.7 million in cash reserves and a $4 million loan from the Mississippi Development Authority.
The county also plans in the future the renovate the current 50-year-old hospital, which would house obstetrics and gynecology offices, labor and delivery rooms and a nursery.
Funding has not been secured for that project, which is expected to cost about $7 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money