Bids to open on new $19M hospital project
Published: February 13,2012
NESHOBA COUNTY — Bids will be opened March 8 for construction of a new $19 million in Neshoba County.
The new hospital is expected to be completed in spring of 2013.
The Neshoba Democrat reports bids will be accepted for 22 separate packages, ranging from concrete and masonry to mechanical and electrical.
Tyler Construction Group is completing the $120,000 site work for the new hospital.
The new hospital will be funded with $14.7 million in cash reserves and a $4 million loan from the Mississippi Development Authority.
The county also plans in the future the renovate the current 50-year-old hospital, which would house obstetrics and gynecology offices, labor and delivery rooms and a nursery.
Funding has not been secured for that project, which is expected to cost about $7 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau