Bids to open on new $19M hospital project
by Associated Press
Published: February 13,2012
NESHOBA COUNTY — Bids will be opened March 8 for construction of a new $19 million in Neshoba County.
The new hospital is expected to be completed in spring of 2013.
The Neshoba Democrat reports bids will be accepted for 22 separate packages, ranging from concrete and masonry to mechanical and electrical.
Tyler Construction Group is completing the $120,000 site work for the new hospital.
The new hospital will be funded with $14.7 million in cash reserves and a $4 million loan from the Mississippi Development Authority.
The county also plans in the future the renovate the current 50-year-old hospital, which would house obstetrics and gynecology offices, labor and delivery rooms and a nursery.
Funding has not been secured for that project, which is expected to cost about $7 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!