Margaritaville closes on financing for Louisiana casino
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 14,2012
BOSSIER CITY, La. — Bossier Casino Venture, LLC (d/b/a Margaritaville Resort Casino) has closed its project financing for the Margaritaville Resort Casino to be built in Bossier City, La.
Construction on the $197 million casino and hotel resort is expected to commence immediately and extend for approximately 16 months, with a targeted opening date in June 2013.
The resort will feature a 30,000-square-foot, single-level gaming floor, unlike the other existing riverboat gaming facilities in the Shreveport-Bossier City market. The casino will include over 1,300 slot machines and 46 table games. The project will also feature a 396-room, 18-story hotel, a 900-seat entertainment venue, spa and fitness center, outdoor pool deck and dining area, landscaping and four food and beverage outlets, including the trademark Margaritaville Restaurant.
Concurrently with the closing of the project financing, Bossier Casino Venture exercised its option with Isle of Capri Casinos Inc. and acquired Grand Palais Riverboat Inc., including the gaming license held by that entity. The movement of the license to Bossier Parish has previously been approved by the Louisiana Gaming Control Board and the voters in Bossier Parish.
Margaritaville will be the sixth casino in the Shreveport-Bossier City gaming market and the first new facility in more than a decade. The Margaritaville Resort Casino in Bossier City will be the third and largest Margaritaville-themed casino, with one location open in Las Vegas, Nev., and another expected to open within the next few months in Biloxi.
The Margaritaville Resort Casino project will be located on the Red River, adjacent to the Louisiana Boardwalk.
Houlihan Lokey and Macquarie Capital served as joint-bookrunners on the project financing.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years